Generic ink

ZAMO22

Okay, so I've got a canon ip 4940 and for the past 2 years I've been buying generic un-chipped ink for R 10 a cartridge. Meaning I could put a full set of ink in my printer for R 50.
All of a sudden the shop stopped stocking generic ink for my printer.

So my question is if anyone knows where I can get generic ink, either locally in Durban, or I'd even be willing to import a bit from overseas.

Appreciate all help.

Swa

Honorary Master
My advice is to move on to another printer. Once they stop making ink for a model it becomes increasingly harder to find a supply.

Esquire

Esquire representative
Okay, so I've got a canon ip 4940 and for the past 2 years I've been buying generic un-chipped ink for R 10 a cartridge. Meaning I could put a full set of ink in my printer for R 50.
All of a sudden the shop stopped stocking generic ink for my printer.

So my question is if anyone knows where I can get generic ink, either locally in Durban, or I'd even be willing to import a bit from overseas.

Appreciate all help.

we have plenty of this in stock in , Durban has a few , The colour ones are coming in the next container which should be here around end Jan - These are extremely popular and should be around for another two years

stk# TJ-426BK
http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/ProductDescription.aspx?id=3833761

Regards
ESQ

Edit

I just checked our stock , we also have another brand called Inkpower and have these in stock in Midrand
( you can always place an order with Durban branch and get it next Tuesday as their shipment left today)

IPC426C x 4
IPC426M x 4
IPC426Y x2

All these cartridges including the TopJet Black are R19.00 excl vat each

Last edited:

ZAMO22

https://www.inksaver.co.za/en/printer/Canon-Pixma-IP-4940-ink-cartridges.php

not as cheap, but at least you know the quality is good.

fun fine line with generic cartridges. too cheap and everything is super low quality. to expensive and you ask yourself why not just buy original?

I found these guys walk a line I am happy with.

I agree with you when it comes to quality. Thing is, the cartridges I was using did I pretty damn good job considering it was only R10 a cartridge (without chips)

ZAMO22

we have plenty of this in stock in , Durban has a few , The colour ones are coming in the next container which should be here around end Jan - These are extremely popular and should be around for another two years

stk# TJ-426BK
http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/ProductDescription.aspx?id=3833761

Regards
ESQ

Edit

I just checked our stock , we also have another brand called Inkpower and have these in stock in Midrand
( you can always place an order with Durban branch and get it next Tuesday as their shipment left today)

IPC426C x 4
IPC426M x 4
IPC426Y x2

All these cartridges including the TopJet Black are R19.00 excl vat each

Are these the versions with or without chips?

ZAMO22

I should probably mention that I'm talking about buying in bulk here. A friend who owns a print shop is looking for a couple of these as well so I'm looking at buying about 20-30 sets in total

Esquire

Esquire representative
Are these the versions with or without chips?

Good question about the chips to be honest I don't know , but already sold 826 units out of the 1000 units of the TopJet black cartridge stk# TJ-426BK that came in with zero comebacks so far in the last three months. I will have to speak to the product manager in the morning to get more info on that units , however if you want, go have a look at the cartridge at the Durban branch they have a few in stock