getting a SonyEricsson W850i on contract

sparklehorse

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Location
Stellenbosch
Seems that some mtnsp outlets have trouble getting this phone. Anyone know of somewhere in the Stellenbosch region I can get a SE W850i on contract?
 
I phoned every outlet in my area (Table View) and eventually found one.... phone very outlet is me best advice.
 
Same when i got my K750i. Think i might have been the first in the province with a consumer model. It still had the old interface and not the newer K800 walkman menu layout.

Always a hassle getting a SE in this province. ....... no problem though finding a gazillion nokias though :/
 
Seems that some mtnsp outlets have trouble getting this phone. Anyone know of somewhere in the Stellenbosch region I can get a SE W850i on contract?

I just called the cellphonics store in stellenbosch on the number 021 883 8552 and i spoke to a guy by the name of Arief. he has just checked his stock list and he says that the stock should be there by the end of this month. i wouls suggest keeping the number and asking for him round that time.

This appears to be the only store that shows up on my internal list, those guys must be making a killing in your area!
 
As I understand it, it is a countrywide shortage, so all outlets will get it at +- the same time. The guy at the MTNSP outlet also said it might be at the end of the month, but probably later...

I'm thinking of getting it on cellc or virgin, or even *gasp* vodacom. Their deals are better than mtn's anyway.
 
As I understand it, it is a countrywide shortage, so all outlets will get it at +- the same time. The guy at the MTNSP outlet also said it might be at the end of the month, but probably later...

I'm thinking of getting it on cellc or virgin, or even *gasp* vodacom. Their deals are better than mtn's anyway.

Lol theres no shortage... rather go get it at Voda before it gets discontinued coz the W880 been out for over a month now....
 
As I understand it, it is a countrywide shortage, so all outlets will get it at +- the same time. The guy at the MTNSP outlet also said it might be at the end of the month, but probably later...

I'm thinking of getting it on cellc or virgin, or even *gasp* vodacom. Their deals are better than mtn's anyway.

well look i tried ;)
 
That's what I did when I was trying to get hold of a N95. I phoned every outlet in the Western Cape. Well, almost.:D

I'm in Jo'burg and I phoned every outlet in the W. Cape for my N95, and everyone in Natal, in the Freestate... Good luck - I know the frustration!

At least I found what I was after! :cool:
 
I'm in Jo'burg and I phoned every outlet in the W. Cape for my N95, and everyone in Natal, in the Freestate... Good luck - I know the frustration!

At least I found what I was after! :cool:

persistence is indeed the key to success, its just sad that you have to try so hard to get something that should be readily available:sick:
 
Hi

Got mine two weeks ago at mtn in Paddocks center (Close to Milnerton)
 
Hi

Do you still need the handset? PM me some digits and Ill try and wave my magic wand in your direction ;)

Regards
DD
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X