Getting spammed by WASP USSD messages on data SIM

killerbyte

Expert Member
Am I the only one who is getting spammed with USSD messages from WASP services?

In the past 2 days I have received 3 different messages. One slip of a finger and I will be paying for services I never requested to be signed up to.

Don't have this issue on my MTN sim.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

In the past 2 days I have received 3 different messages. One slip of a finger and I will be paying for services I never requested to be signed up to.

So which providers SIM is it? Hopefully you turned off the WASP billing if it is a Vodacom SIM.

killerbyte

Expert Member
So which providers SIM is it? Hopefully you turned off the WASP billing if it is a Vodacom SIM.
I have done the SMS command to vodacom to stop any billing.

MTN allows me to block all Premium services through a USSD command, but I see with vodacom I have to phone them.

Ivanr

Expert Member
Do me a favour and click the link you sent... maybe even post a screenshot of what we are supposed to see because I do not see info.
The link will open to all the FAQ around content services and clearly you do not to call VC to stop services. If your browser has a issue check again - Kabish!!!!

killerbyte

Expert Member
The link will open to all the FAQ around content services and clearly you do not to call VC to stop services. If your browser has a issue check again - Kabish!!!!
I did check, used Edge and Chrome. KABISH!!!
Doesn't change the fact that VC shouldn't allow WASPs to spam their users with USSD messages.

So stow your attitude, its unnecessary, unwanted, and just generally makes you look like a ****.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

Someone must of submitted your cell number somewhere.
Have you recently broken up with an ex or pissed off somebody badly?