Global PC shipments fall for eighth straight quarter

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
But pcs are now powerfull these days.. i5/7 .. 8Gig Ram.. what more you do need. It's not like years ago where 500Mhz increase to 800mhz was insane..

Laz.

But pcs are now powerfull these days.. i5/7 .. 8Gig Ram.. what more you do need. It's not like years ago where 500Mhz increase to 800mhz was insane..

I agree. Hardware advances are becoming more incremental, instead of gigantic leaps. This reduces the need to buy a new PC for specs alone.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I agree. Hardware advances are becoming more incremental, instead of gigantic leaps. This reduces the need to buy a new PC for specs alone.
I don't think its the gains that are the issue. I think we've just reached a point where people have "enough" power to do their email and browsing lolcats.

i.e. Its gotten to a "good enough" stage and aside from gamers etc nobody is feeling the need to push the boundaries (or pay for doing so).

Executive Member
I don't think its the gains that are the issue. I think we've just reached a point where people have "enough" power to do their email and browsing lolcats.

i.e. Its gotten to a "good enough" stage and aside from gamers etc nobody is feeling the need to push the boundaries (or pay for doing so).

Consoles have held the PC gaming market back for 7 years. Even now the consoles are already behind. Having said that, the new consoles are basically PC these days with a gaming os - and they are selling in the millions. You think they would count as pc sales.