Gmail imap/smtp timing out

absynth

Expert Member
Just want to check if anyone else is having issues with gmail imap and smtp timing out on Outlook and Thunderbird.

Been happening intermittently since yesterday on 3 different pcs using either Outlook or Thunderbird.

thunderbird.jpg

Last edited:

absynth

Expert Member
Yeah, also when receiving mail. But 15 min later it would work, then error again.
I'm finding if you keep on sending then after a while it will connect.Wonder if they are overloaded. :unsure:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Client was having issues with scan to email on copier last week using gmail logins. Is this related?

Sl8er

Executive Member
Just want to check if anyone else is having issues with gmail imap and smtp timing out on Outlook and Thunderbird.

Been happening intermittently since yesterday on 3 different pcs using either Outlook or Thunderbird.

View attachment 845753
I don't really have much to add, other than:
This has been going on since this morning, already.
(Thunderbird)

jun_tao

Client was having issues with scan to email on copier last week using gmail logins. Is this related?
Same client had this problem, I had to activate 2FA and enable app password to get the scanner to work.

absynth

Expert Member
Same client had this problem, I had to activate 2FA and enable app password to get the scanner to work.
I have just tried that and it seems to work slightly better for incoming.Outgoing still timing out though.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I would think the issue is on googles side. I guess it doesn't help to contact google support or something?

I had it the other way around, use Google to send through outlook SMTP and then it stopped working. Just sent MS support a messaged and they sorted it out.

absynth

Expert Member
Will take a look again in the morning.If it continues then I'll try and contact their support.