GOtv launched: this is what the decoder and antenna look like

Pitbull

Verboten
That looks like the Old M-net decoder aerials... So it's just a re-band of the old M-net technology?

/fail

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Install Kodi with Genesis and SportsDevil and you will forget that this crap exists!

Thor

Honorary Master
Also this was done in 2009 in America.. sjoe sjoe we are behind as heck

DXL

Expert Member
Now i fully understand why DSTV made sure there was no encription on the Free 5 Million Free to air Decoders.

Simply cos their business model was already set for GoTV and they did not want competition.

Provide some rubbish of Terrestial GOTv and force people over to satellite and charge them more.

Well done DSTV & Multichoice - You fooled the ANC clowns again.

Amazing how regulations always favour one company in South Africa and then they want to ask the question why nobody's investing.

Jack_Hammond

Digital just means it works with ones and zeroes.

Yup, also the strong push for digital terrestrial broadcasting is to allow for the freeing up of a very wide range of frequencies. With the ones and zeros, you effectively can compress all of the existing TV and radio channels into a narrow band or radio wave, this allows the remaining frequencies to be used for more advanced versions of GSM (cellphone technology) and LTE/4G/5G etc... mobile internet technologies.

If the current analog TV continues to be broadcast, the new cellphone and wireless technologies will either interfere, or be interfered with, we even had to nicely ask Botswana and Namibia, who were ready to go digital, to hold off while we waited to see whether Brazil or Japan would [sup]pay the biggest bribe[/sup] have the superior technology.

Toby

Cool. It doubles as a grill.

Looks like the original SATV/SAUK aerial back in the early 80's

I can remember me and a buddy sitting on the roof with a "six pack of castles" on a Saturday afternoon while the old man shouts "left, left left right, hold, okay tighten".

Meantime we were relaxing on the roof not even touching the "aerial"

Yah Well, i hope these things are just point and shoot otherwise i can see a lot of "left, left left right, hold, okay tighten" happening

Nick333

Honorary Master
Looks like the original SATV/SAUK aerial back in the early 80's

I can remember me and a buddy sitting on the roof with a "six pack of castles" on a Saturday afternoon while the old man shouts "left, left left right, hold, okay tighten".

Meantime we were relaxing on the roof not even touching the "aerial"

Yah Well, i hope these things are just point and shoot otherwise i can see a lot of "left, left left right, hold, okay tighten" happening

It's just a broadband UHF, grid, aerial. Been around forever.