Grand Theft Auto IV - Release Date

F

Fudzy

Have they announced a release date for it anywhere? As a rule of thumb, I use BTGames's release schedule as an indication as to when games will be available locally and currently it's not on anyone's radar.

The last I heard it was 30th of November but that was months ago.

killadoob

Honorary Master
I have this feeling that they won;t release it on pc, not enough profit on the game and they made mega money from the console version.

Would still love to see it hit pc though :).

ld13

Honorary Master
Anyone know when we can expect this title to land in SA?
I love the search function we have here... http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=143263 Just Love it! :cool:

US date now stands on 02/12/2008, I assume the EU/AU date of 18-21/11/2008 needs be changed still, to ~04/12/2008 if we are unlucky. BTGames is just being careful with their 12/12/2008 date, and Take2.co.za agrees with me as their date is 05/12/2008.

So much diversity, so much Fun! :D Can't Wait :cool:

F

Fudzy

I love the search function we have here... http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=143263 Just Love it! :cool:

US date now stands on 02/12/2008, I assume the EU/AU date of 18-21/11/2008 needs be changed still, to ~04/12/2008 if we are unlucky. BTGames is just being careful with their 12/12/2008 date, and Take2.co.za agrees with me as their date is 05/12/2008.

So much diversity, so much Fun! :D Can't Wait :cool:
Just to think if you had an Xbox or PS3 right now you could have finished it months ago. Still, I hope the PC version see's some serious polish.

icyrus

Executive Member
I have this feeling that they won;t release it on pc, not enough profit on the game and they made mega money from the console version.

Would still love to see it hit pc though :).
Eh, its already been announced and is coming out in a month or so...?

icyrus

Executive Member
Just to think if you had an Xbox or PS3 right now you could have finished it months ago. Still, I hope the PC version see's some serious polish.
Maybe its just me but I can't play the console versions of GTA without throwing the controller through the TV. The inability to aim drives me crazy.

F

Fudzy

Maybe its just me but I can't play the console versions of GTA without throwing the controller through the TV. The inability to aim drives me crazy.
The aiming didn't really phase me, the camera control did though. I doubt that will be fixed in the PC version though.

Also, if any of the previous GTA games are anything to go by, controlling the chopper with a mouse/keyboard is going to be tedious.

ld13

Honorary Master
I'm not interested in the console versions thx - PC FTW :cool:

The PC version has been in production since January, so it [-]will[/-] better rock this world! Luckily it has been confirmed to have been 'polished' quite a bit in quite a few ways. :D

The aiming didn't really phase me, the camera control did though. I doubt that will be fixed in the PC version though.
AFAIK this has been improved... aiming is a breeze with a Keyboard + Mouse.

ld13

Honorary Master
Cool! I might consider buying this title then when I upgrade.
Have a look at the IGN site, they got to play it themselves.
Grand Theft Auto IV Hands-on
We can say that aiming, as might be expected, is far easier in the PC version. Making precision shots while barreling through crowded streets to blow out tires and the brains of drivers was far more practical, and should hopefully make for some more entertaining high-speed pursuits as you're more easily able to pull off desired actions.
;)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Great news :), i searched google and didn't find anything saying it was going to release soon :)

Console's and games don't work for me to be honest, find playing FPS and even 3rd person shooters very poor on a console.

How come console's cannot use a mouse or keyboard type system? i know it is meant to be a layed back way of playing but surely the demand is there for mouse and keyboard?

F

Fudzy

How come console's cannot use a mouse or keyboard type system? i know it is meant to be a layed back way of playing but surely the demand is there for mouse and keyboard?
I wish they did. Console purists see it as 'cheating'.

Ghost02

Expert Member
Atleast I already have this on my xbox, I have to upgrade my pc before I buy any pc games

Q121

I finished this game in April on my xbox and absolutely LOVED it!!!

The game is great guys, but unless something drastically changes you will bedisapointed at how short it is.

It is MUCH shorter than GTA san andreas was to get 100% completion.

ld13

Honorary Master
I finished this game in April on my xbox and absolutely LOVED it!!!

The game is great guys, but unless something drastically changes you will bedisapointed at how short it is.

It is MUCH shorter than GTA san andreas was to get 100% completion.
Since when do anyone care about how 'short' a GTA game is? The most fun one get out of a GTA game is when you go on those random made-up mission rampage stuff... eg running around with a bazooka blowing up stuff for the heck of it! :D