GTA:IV's hard-drive requirements.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fudzy
  • Start date Start date
Aren't they only talking about what should have been? That's what I gathered from that link. And on the official GTA site it says nothing at all about HDD requirements. Now me is in the dark hoping a hdd isn't needed yet :o
 
Mostly complaing about the DVD not being big enough any longer.
I dont think the current version needs HDD on 360, but it will probably install some content on a PS3 especially to improve load times during gaming. Not sure which console you got but if its a PS3 just upgrade :) Standard notebook size (how many inches is that again?) HDD will fit and its easy to replace the default drive.
 
I knew you would come retort!

I can't wait to see the thread

"OMG My Xbox esploded"

I can't wait to lol :D
 
From what I can tell is that GTA4 is "plug and play" on the 360.
They are asking questions of viability of the 360 for future games due to the lack of space.

MS might do two things now:
1. Look at a HD option.
2. Make their HDD cheaper and bigger for part/full game installations.

At least it will keep the ps3 fanbois busy, since they dont have games to play, they might as well rant about this.
Have fun! :D
 
The ps3 version has a compulsory install while the 360 version the install is optional.
 
The ps3 version has a compulsory install while the 360 version the install is optional.

As far as I know that hasn't been confirmed yet...

Or do you have a link?

I personally hate the idea of installing onto a console and will not be installing anything.... hopefully ever
 
As far as I know that hasn't been confirmed yet...

Or do you have a link?

I personally hate the idea of installing onto a console and will not be installing anything.... hopefully ever


http://megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=console&list=1751&Day - Link to a article where M$ makes fun of Sony about the install time :D

Otherwise....

PAL Version of GTA IV Leaks Out!!
Quick!
I need 7GB's of bandwith, Unshaped 4Mb's connection and I can have it before the 29th :D

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7005&Itemid=1

Damit! I still dont have a Xbox360 :mad: :p
 
Lol, after all the B!tching and moaning, GTA4 is only 6.4Gb, as was Mass Effect.

So much for BD being "necessary" for next gen games.
 
Nah, BD is designed for MSG4, i've heard even thats not big enough for it?
 
I read that after the install on the ps3 you can play the entire game from start to finnish without a single loading screen:)
 
You read a lie....

Agree ! Maybe all the dialogue in mgs 4 is Uncompressed wavs :D:D ! MP3 audio anyone ?

All this game installs on the ps3 just proves how bandwidth constrained the ps3 is but some ppl with their tinny lil brains just cant seem to grasp that !

I remember when the 1st xbox came out sony made fun of it for depending on its hard disk as a necessity for the console to work ! Den they copied the idea for the Ps3 :D:D:D:D:D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X