Gyming when you are sick?

Is it bad for you?
Don't give me but you will infect others, just want to know I exercsing is bad whilst sick

http://www.ehow.com/how_6950_exercise-sick.html

Assess your symptoms. If your troubles are above the neck, moderate exercise is probably OK. For example, if you have a cold and no fever, a walk may be fine.

Step2
If you have flu-like symptoms and a fever, rest.

Step3
Do not work out hard for at least a couple of weeks if you're really sick. Your body needs to concentrate on healing.

Step4
Start slowly when you return to exercising. You will have lost some strength, but it will come back faster with patience. Don't beat yourself up and get sick again.

Step5
Sleep, sleep, sleep. Your body needs the rest time to repair the immune system. Also, if you are stepping up the exercise intensity quite a bit, you may even need more sleep. Try for at least 8 hours per night.

Defib

Expert Member
Any exercise with flu etc could equal endocarditis or myocarditis

I.E. you dont wanna do it

My one teacher's wife died of an anurism (sp?) because she jogged every morning (addicted to it) and didn't want to miss a day. She had the flu.

Left him and their baby daughter behind. So I say, give your body a chance to recoup and then go gymming again. If you think that you will leave loved ones behind just because you didn't want to miss your next "runners high"

Pitbull

Verboten
If you are sick, YOU WILL DIE if you do a hard workout.
Stay at home and rest. It's not work it. Flu will make your heart stop......

It's not work the risk. You won;t lose any thing by just taking 2 weeks off ;)

JK8

Banned
I guess it depends on how sick is sick...
If you energy to go to gym then im sure it fine right?

Pitbull

Verboten
I guess it depends on how sick is sick...
If you energy to go to gym then im sure it fine right?
If you have a Flu, never go to the gym. Even though you think there is no damage being done. Massive damage is done to the heart. If it doesn't effect you there and then.... It will affect you later in life.

It's just good advice, obviously it differs from person to person. But again I say this: It's not worth the risk