HD PVR Advice

LiamRG

Hi

I'm moving into my new house in the next two weeks. I need some honest advice regarding HD PVR.

Currently I have the single view DTSV decoder. I am considering getting a HD PVR installed.

Is it worth it? I plan on making use of the Xtraview features if I purchase the HD PVR.

From all the reading I have done, I have read both good and bad things.

For those that are using this, are the issues small enough to look past or are they big enough to cause frustration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
L

titeroper

Hi

I'm moving into my new house in the next two weeks. I need some honest advice regarding HD PVR.

Currently I have the single view DTSV decoder. I am considering getting a HD PVR installed.

Is it worth it? I plan on making use of the Xtraview features if I purchase the HD PVR.

From all the reading I have done, I have read both good and bad things.

For those that are using this, are the issues small enough to look past or are they big enough to cause frustration.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
L

Good time to dive in I think , I have been an adopter since August 08, and it has come a LONG way since then :D Small frustrations only now...

Best advice is not to skimp on installation - get a 90cm dish, a quad lnb, a good 6x2 multiswitch and get your HDMI cables etc from hdcabling.co.za so you are not ripped off, and make sure your hd tv is a recent model - other than that enjoy :)

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
Good time to dive in I think , I have been an adopter since August 08, and it has come a LONG way since then :D Small frustrations only now...

Best advice is not to skimp on installation - get a 90cm dish, a quad lnb, a good 6x2 multiswitch and get your HDMI cables etc from hdcabling.co.za so you are not ripped off, and make sure your hd tv is a recent model - other than that enjoy :)

+1

Definitely a good time to get HD, with a new HD channel starting soon.

Instead of the 90cm, get a 70cm VisioSat SMC dish. Get a Spaun 2x6 multiswitch and Labgear HDMI cables... all available from Space TV.