help choosing a fridge

joker08

Expert Member
Buying a new fridge is more complicated than I anticipated. Using a 190L fridge and space is just not enough so the new one needs to be around 300L. The budget is around R5000, wife wants a frost-free fridge but not necessary.
To make things worse the fridge has to less than 160cm in height or else it won't fit.
No it's not because of a shelf, its because the house we stay in has prepaid meter over the fridge which cannot be moved unless we pay the council guy, which doesn't make sense because its a rented house. If we put the fridge anywhere else it will block my child's cycling track and I might have to call the dent removal guy to restore the fridge.
Any suggestions? the black friday deals seem to be all around HiSense and I don't know how good is that company.

WAslayer

Executive Member
300L fridge and 160cm is very unlikely to happen..

The next size up from yours, is typically 240L and that is already 162cm.. bigger fridges typically use height to give you that extra space..

joker08

Expert Member
300L fridge and 160cm is very unlikely to happen..

The next size up from yours, is typically 240L and that is already 162cm.. bigger fridges typically use height to give you that extra space..
something like this one
I measured a few fridges at game but all were hisense and they were around 160Cm in height and 288L in capacity.
cheap as well but not frost-free.