Help diagnose PC problem

dazzazzad

So I was away for 3 months and my PC was moved around a bit to store and then set up again when I got back. The system has been running perfectly for a week and a half beyond running malewarebytes a couple days ago in which it found some things, which I promptly removed.

This morning though, **** got real.

3 minutes after booting up it froze in win 8.1. Totally non responsive. I rebooted manually and after 5 min it happened again. After the 3rd time it went into this reboot loop where it wouldn't even get beyond a black screen before it rebooted on its own again. I shut the PC down and had (a very sad) breakfast.

I booted up again and this time got a message saying that the motherboard overclock had failed or something (can't even remember ever overclocking anything, maybe I picked a gaming setting when I installed the system a few years back) and it was going to return everything to defaults.

I was happy with that and windows loaded fine. The system was then stable for awhile (half an hour or so) during which I checked the temps with a tool and everything seemed okay. But eventually it crashed and I got that sad face BSOD message mentioning a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. It was going to collect data before shutting down but never got beyond 0% because again the screen had frozen.

So...bad memory?

Magnum

Expert Member
Strip everything. clean.apply new paste and re-assemble prepperly. Old pc's tend not to like moving alot. Lose connections everywhere

ODTech

Strip everything. clean.apply new paste and re-assemble prepperly. Old pc's tend not to like moving alot. Lose connections everywhere
+1

Sounds suspiciously like a ram module wanting to be reseated.

dazzazzad

I did that and placed the two RAM sticks into the two other slots. Been up and running for a couple hours without hassle so far.