Help! Please I cant use my phone internationally

DebraB

Please can anyone help me, I've just arrived in Dubai and need my SA number to be fully operational. The Mobile is not operational at all. I cant make calls, receive calls and the data is only available when connected to Wifi. I am so frustrated. The data roaming is on. I really need help with this and would appreciate any suggestions on what could be wrong

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Please can anyone help me, I've just arrived in Dubai and need my SA number to be fully operational. The Mobile is not operational at all. I cant make calls, receive calls and the data is only available when connected to Wifi. I am so frustrated. The data roaming is on. I really need help with this and would appreciate any suggestions on what could be wrong
I don’t know what network you are with or if you are contract or payg, but I’m with Vodacom on a contract and I’m sure I had to contact them and ask for roaming to be enabled.

Get a local sim or borrow a phone and call them to activate. Emailing will be a waste of time I reckon.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I don’t know what network you are with or if you are contract or payg, but I’m with Vodacom on a contract and I’m sure I had to contact them and ask for INTERNATIONAL roaming to be enabled.

Get a local sim or borrow a phone and call them to activate. Emailing will be a waste of time I reckon.
FIFY

genetic

Honorary Master
Should have checked you had roaming on before you left - but your best bet is to phone Vodacom from Dubai and get them to enable it. Alternatively you may be able to change it online via the Vodacom portal if you are registered.

FlashSA

Executive Member
You posted in the MTN sub forum so I assume that is the network the sim is on. Send an email to 808@mtn.co.za requesting roaming to be activated. Unless you are an MTN business client like myself, then it is 809@mtn.co.za

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
be careful with data roaming, in fact do not do it.
You are going to have a R20k+ phone bill to get back to...