heroic dad dies trying to save triplets

The triplets’ mom, Khonzekile Dumakude, 32, got out of bed, hoping to contain the small fire, while Mandla Nkosi, 38, her partner of nine years, drew his daughters in close in a protective bearhug.

“We heard screams coming from the next room, so I got up to help put it out, while Mandla stayed with the kids,” she said.

The fire was under control until a sudden suspected gas explosion spread the fire to their room.

Why didn't they leave at the first sign of the fire :( So sad and it could have been avoided.
 
Terrible. RIP.

I wonder if the homeowner can be held Liable. In Ekhuruleni living in a garage is against the bylaws.
 
Why didn't they leave at the first sign of the fire :( So sad and it could have been avoided.

The fire was under control until a sudden suspected gas explosion spread the fire to their room.

I think perhaps everything was fine and then suddenly boom the fire came. Not sure you can avoid that. You may think the danger is over and then boom it's not.
 
Terrible. RIP.

I wonder if the homeowner can be held Liable. In Ekhuruleni living in a garage is against the bylaws.
Do they have squatter camps in Ekhuruleni?
To me a garage is better than that death trap?
 
very sad! Condolences and thoughts go out to their next of kin and the surviving mother. :(
 
Do they have squatter camps in Ekhuruleni?
To me a garage is better than that death trap?

The news reported that the garage was split in two and the fire started in the family next doors side. What is the difference?
 
In Ekhuruleni living in a garage is against the bylaws.

Interesting. I remember a few friends living in the garage at some stage or another (Kempton Park). I wanted to move into the garage that my parents hardly used.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X