Hetzner re-brand

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
To clarify - Hetzner SA HAS rebranded. Hetzner Germany HAS NOT.

I don't like the new name - already had me pronouncing it incorrectly.

xneelo (pronounced ex-nee-lo)

Arthur

Honorary Master
"Inspired by a Latin phrase that translates into the ability to ‘create something out of nothing’" they say.

The Latin phrase is ex nihilo. Philosophically, it's a divine attribute. Hope the hubris doesn't bite them in the bum.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Lmao what a rubbish name. They should find a new marketing agency.

I don't think they realise how negative an effect a piss poor name can have. This is a huge boost to other local hosting companies in SA.

Anthro

Expert Member
Big oof, Hetzner name should have stayed where it is.

Henry_S

They probably chose the name because it was the only word they could think of where the domain name was available in .com.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
They probably chose the name because it was the only word they could think of where the domain name was available in .com.
It's tragic that it comes across that way. :X3:

Was also my first thought.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Dumb, considering they own their slogan - TrustedInHosting.com - unless their intention was a shorter .com that was not a sentence, in which case they fücked up just as equally because no amount of word of mouth will take place when the mouth has to spell the word - Eks En Double E El Oh.com sounds way worse and harder to remember than trustedinhosting.com