Hi Guys,
I have been experiencing very high latencies to local servers in terms of gaming(Quake Live) as well as pinging over 150 m/s to sites such as www.mweb.co.za which is my ISP. This only occurs at around 6 P.M and carries on until around 12 in the morning. I know it sounds like congestion but I phoned Telkom and logged a fault and they said traffic on exchange is fine. I can also hear static when I pick up the phone. We have had problems with crossed lines before, is there a possibility that this might be the cause as this problem only started around the time when my neighbours came back from holiday although I cannot be sure of this.
Usually I ping around 35 m/s to mweb's site and have a latency of anywhere between 18 to 22 m/s on Quake Live.
I live in Meyersdal, Alberton in Johburg and I am quite close to my exchange. My line attenuation and noise margins are also withing normal ranges.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have been experiencing very high latencies to local servers in terms of gaming(Quake Live) as well as pinging over 150 m/s to sites such as www.mweb.co.za which is my ISP. This only occurs at around 6 P.M and carries on until around 12 in the morning. I know it sounds like congestion but I phoned Telkom and logged a fault and they said traffic on exchange is fine. I can also hear static when I pick up the phone. We have had problems with crossed lines before, is there a possibility that this might be the cause as this problem only started around the time when my neighbours came back from holiday although I cannot be sure of this.
Usually I ping around 35 m/s to mweb's site and have a latency of anywhere between 18 to 22 m/s on Quake Live.
I live in Meyersdal, Alberton in Johburg and I am quite close to my exchange. My line attenuation and noise margins are also withing normal ranges.
Any help would be appreciated.