Home Automation - Smartkit

Tinuva

The Magician
How does your automations.yaml file look? Also are you running the latest release of the script (from 2 days ago)?

I can see that my device can connect to mqtt server (misquito ), I installed it as a supervisor addon.

But I'm getting some errors when trying to run the shellies automation script

View attachment 1048889

Edit: nvm got it working. I was big dumb dumb, forgot to add mqtt broker inside of HA
Glad to see you got it working.

Think I may need to update again to the latest version if there is another release out.

But my config is over here: https://github.com/tinuva/home-assistant-config/blob/master/packages/shellies_discovery.yaml

ItherNiT

Glad to see you got it working.

Think I may need to update again to the latest version if there is another release out.

But my config is over here: https://github.com/tinuva/home-assistant-config/blob/master/packages/shellies_discovery.yaml

lawdy thats massive amounts of devices!

Really enjoying setting up my smart home so far.

Got my CBI switch connected to a tuya account. Will play around this weekend and see if I can get tuya local to work. I get a feeling that this can be slightly addictive and expensive hobby

powermzii

Expert Member
lawdy thats massive amounts of devices!

Really enjoying setting up my smart home so far.

Got my CBI switch connected to a tuya account. Will play around this weekend and see if I can get tuya local to work. I get a feeling that this can be slightly addictive and expensive hobby
Use the Tuya iot platform online, link the dev account to your tuya app, hey presto the device ID and local ids show up

Follow this recent guide

ItherNiT

Use the Tuya iot platform online, link the dev account to your tuya app, hey presto the device ID and local ids show up

Follow this recent guide

Already tried that, I cant get my identity verified. They also changed that so that people who register the project after the 24th no longer have that functionality
I already found a alternative video:
1617900089136.png

airborne

Honorary Master
I bought a wireless engergy monitor and the instructions says clip the sensor magnet thing to one of the power lines(neutral or live) going into the municipal meter.

Does that mean if you clip the sensor around a power cable to an appliance that has neutral/live/ground it won't pick up anything or work?

It would be sad if that is the case because that was the intended purpose :(

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I bought a wireless engergy monitor and the instructions says clip the sensor magnet thing to one of the power lines(neutral or live) going into the municipal meter.

Does that mean if you clip the sensor around a power cable to an appliance that has neutral/live/ground it won't pick up anything or work?

It would be sad if that is the case because that was the intended purpose :(
I think they have to be clamped around one pole (+ or -) to work. If you have it clamped around + and - then they cancel each other out and you won't get a readout from it.

Wouldn't it be easier to get a Sonoff plug that you can plug the appliance into?

airborne

Honorary Master
I think they have to be clamped around one pole (+ or -) to work. If you have it clamped around + and - then they cancel each other out and you won't get a readout from it.

Wouldn't it be easier to get a Sonoff plug that you can plug the appliance into?
It would be but I thought this would do the same thing and allow me to easily clamp it on to the cables of various appliances without needing to unplug them.

So essentially if I made up a short extension lead that seperated the ground, neutral and live(basically just 3 loose wires not 3 enclosed in the cable housing) and I clamp the sensor around either the live or neutral then it would work?

ebendl

Expert Member
It would be but I thought this would do the same thing and allow me to easily clamp it on to the cables of various appliances without needing to unplug them.

So essentially if I made up a short extension lead that seperated the ground, neutral and live(basically just 3 loose wires not 3 enclosed in the cable housing) and I clamp the sensor around either the live or neutral then it would work?
Sounds dangerous...?

Can't you rather put it inside a wall socket around the live wire?

airborne

Honorary Master
Sounds dangerous...?

Can't you rather put it inside a wall socket around the live wire?
No not all, the individual wires are still shielded/enclosed in their plastic insulators and I wouldn't use it permanently, just to monitor a device for a day or 2. I just want to know that it will work bef6I butcher an extension lead

airborne

Honorary Master
I looked at the similar Effegy wireless monitors and they all need to be clamped around only one wire, near the meter but I'm assuming as long as it's only around one wire it will work on any power cable.

Don't some of the more expensive models allow clamping the sensor around any 3 core cable to read the energy useage?

Wide

For standard analogue video intercoms with gate relays (Commax etc), is there any way (incl third party additions/controllers) to make these smart? That is- view and control via an app ?

Jacques van Eeden

No not all, the individual wires are still shielded/enclosed in their plastic insulators and I wouldn't use it permanently, just to monitor a device for a day or 2. I just want to know that it will work bef6I butcher an extension lead

I made up a 1m extension lead with about a 20cm exposed piece. Works perfect.

ebendl

Expert Member
For standard analogue video intercoms with gate relays (Commax etc), is there any way (incl third party additions/controllers) to make these smart? That is- view and control via an app ?
My guess is you can probably make the gate lock smart by controlling it with a Sonoff.

But piping the video/audio I wouldn't expect there's an easy way to do so. My guess is the easiest way would be to put in a Wifi enabled doorbell and re-use the wires for the gate lock.

feo

Honorary Master
Hi all

I have a Sonoff SV that I use to open my front gate motor over MQTT (Tasmota). I'm struggling to figure out how how to get the MQTT state to change when I open the gate with the old school remote.

Is this possible?

My aim is to have the outside lights come on when I open the gate with the remote.

EDIT. I'm using HA with Node Red.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Hi all

I have a Sonoff SV that I use to open my front gate motor over MQTT (Tasmota). I'm struggling to figure out how how to get the MQTT state to change when I open the gate with the old school remote.

Is this possible?

My aim is to have the outside lights come on when I open the gate with the remote.

EDIT. I'm using HA with Node Red.

Do you have a reed switch or anything connected?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Nope, just the SV connected to the gate motor.

Enlighten me on what I need to do please?

You need a sensor to monitor the open/closed state.

I just use a cheap as chips alarm magnet sensor on GPIO 14 with some extra config in HA.