Home Automation - Smartkit

Is the only difference between this and the Basic being that this one can set temperatures as well?

http://www.smartkit.co.za/product/sonoff-th10th16/

Cause that seems irrelevant in my case with a dumb heater that can just go on and off and just connecting a sensor to the basic seems more sensible.
Looks like what you want. I guess it could set temps on something else like a thermostat like you get in Europe ect. Or cold states in the US.
 
Looks like what you want. I guess it could set temps on something else like a thermostat like you get in Europe ect. Or cold states in the US.
Well that's why I'm confused as the Basic also says it can talk to a temperature sensor.

I'm not sure it will actually work anyway as I'm not sure it would even get warm enough to ever turn off.

Which is why I'm thinking order 3 x Basics and one temp sensor to see if there is any point first.

****

Maybe the website description for the Baisc just isn't great because it says supports Smart scene and then has the description for that regarding temperate etc but actually means it would get that from another source.
 
Last edited:
Well that's why I'm confused as the Basic also says it can talk to a temperature sensor.

I'm not sure it will actually work anyway as I'm not sure it would even get warm enough to ever turn off.

Which is why I'm thinking order 3 x Basics and one temp sensor to see if there is any point first.
Ok I assume you have something else then to read from the temp sensor that will send on or off to the basics
 
Ok I assume you have something else then to read from the temp sensor that will send on or off to the basics
Yeah sorry edited above.

I think the description related to Smartscene rather than the Basic itself.
 
The basic has gpio pins that with custom firmware you could connect to a sensor.
My advice, get the th.
 
The basic has gpio pins that with custom firmware you could connect to a sensor.
My advice, get the th.
Yeah seems like a much more cost effective option overall.

Will start with one and see how it goes if it even gets warm enough to turn off.
 
Personally I think those wall panel heaters are a waste of time/energy and you should just get a split unit aircon.
 
Personally I think those wall panel heaters are a waste of time/energy and you should just get a split unit aircon.
I have those in all the other rooms.

This is the two kid's rooms and potentially the third where there is a split unit.

It makes a massive difference in the one room that has one already and is very light on power.

Where it doesn't work is huge spaces where you can't really close them off effectively so would never put them in the open plan lounge etc.
 
Looks interesting..

Will keep this bookmarked for when I start playing with HA in the near future.
 
Well that's why I'm confused as the Basic also says it can talk to a temperature sensor.

I'm not sure it will actually work anyway as I'm not sure it would even get warm enough to ever turn off.

Which is why I'm thinking order 3 x Basics and one temp sensor to see if there is any point first.

****

Maybe the website description for the Baisc just isn't great because it says supports Smart scene and then has the description for that regarding temperate etc but actually means it would get that from another source.

Was this ever resolved?

"Smart Scene: Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from sensor" Please note this is just a reference to Smart Scene and not the Sonoff Basic - other devices have temperature monitoring (such as the TH16, SC and Hum) and they can trigger a scene involving the Sonoff Basics!
 
Was this ever resolved?

"Smart Scene: Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from sensor" Please note this is just a reference to Smart Scene and not the Sonoff Basic - other devices have temperature monitoring (such as the TH16, SC and Hum) and they can trigger a scene involving the Sonoff Basics!
Yeah I figured that was the case, so I consider it resolved.
 
Well I've setup Homebridge so long.

Now when the TH10's arrive will see how far it goes on OEM firmware otherwise I'll have to look at doing the firmware change.

If this works though I'll probably get the Sonoff RF Bridge to sort out my gate and garage remotes.
 
Well I've setup Homebridge so long.

Now when the TH10's arrive will see how far it goes on OEM firmware otherwise I'll have to look at doing the firmware change.

If this works though I'll probably get the Sonoff RF Bridge to sort out my gate and garage remotes.
Sounds good. We have a TH16 in stock at the moment. Otherwise more later this week.
 
Well I've setup Homebridge so long.

Now when the TH10's arrive will see how far it goes on OEM firmware otherwise I'll have to look at doing the firmware change.

If this works though I'll probably get the Sonoff RF Bridge to sort out my gate and garage remotes.
What about just hooking up some of the Sonoff LV to the door motors as well?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X