How do I update my Mega 100WR2's Routing Table

Lardus

Hi. I have read through a lot of the forum posts on how to split international and local traffic. I used to use route sentry, which works very nice, but now I want to do the routing on the router itself. I also saw some telnet scripts to use to update the routing tables, but am stuck at updating the router table of my Mega 100WR2. I did setup both my local and international pppoe connections on the router. Now just 4 questions?

1) On which of the 2 connection do I leave the Default Gateway tick on? I suppose it would be the international one as we would be adding the routes for the local one later.
2) How do I add the routes automatically through telnet or something. It is very time consuming to do this in the Web UI of the router. I saw a script here on the forum, which is generated by a excell spreadsheet. I tried the script, but it runs, and then asks for the login and password. But the user and password is supposed to be send through the script, and even if I type in the username add password, it looks like the rest of the script doensn't run.
3) When somehow adding these routes with the Telnet script, how do I check if the routing tables have been updated? Is there some telnet command to show you all the routes per interface or someting?
4) Does these routes added by the telnet script only life in a cache or can it be updated to the router and be saved on the router as with the router web ui?

Thanks in advance.

fragtion

Expert Member
Telkom's MEGA series of routers (at least, my Mega 100WR) are definitely physically capable of acting as a full mini linux router capable of initiating two separare PPPoE sessions and managing the routes for them, but unfortunately my experience with the SOFTWARE side of them - the firmware, has been filled with hassle and I just set the router into bridged mode and bought a Linksys WRT54g which acts as my router... Works great.

.Froot.

Executive Member
I leave my routing to something that can actually do it properly - a linux machine.

PokerKing

Expert Member
Lardus I have the same router as you and am wanting to split the international and local traffic .. Did you work out how to do this?