• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

How has your experience with MTN been?

GIGZ

Better reception and higher data bandwith?
Nailed It! The reception is like a landline.

Download the MyBroadband Speedtest app to check the results, if it's MTN it's going to be zero rated

ReeceDBN031

I've never experienced any problems with them. I buy my data through Afrihost which is competitively priced, but I might switch over to Telkom if their speeds are acceptable in my small town (I haven't tested it yet). I have to say that Telkom's contracts offer better bang for your buck in my opinion.

Telkom and MTN's speeds were equally good from my house in Port Elizabeth, so I assume most networks have good speeds in cities.
Hi there, id like to know how you are buying data through afrihost I see they offer a cheap 2gig bundle, but I am with Mtn corporate. can this still be done???

Fro

Hi there, id like to know how you are buying data through afrihost I see they offer a cheap 2gig bundle, but I am with Mtn corporate. can this still be done???
Just follow their sign up process, it's very simple. You register your number with them, change your apn to afrihost then you should be able to use their data in a few minutes.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Terrible, I've had no service at all... I guess I should buy a sim card or something.

ReeceDBN031

Just follow their sign up process, it's very simple. You register your number with them, change your apn to afrihost then you should be able to use their data in a few minutes.
WOW, OK COOL. ill have to check that out

Daveogg

Ended up getting a 100 mins contract with 20 GB every month for R140 a month. Can't complain!
Hey ebendl, I've also "upgraded" to this deal, however have not been provisioned for the "promo" data. Now telling me it takes 2-14 days to get the data, which just sounds odd?? What was your experience, did u get the data immediately or have to wait to get it.

ReeceDBN031

Hi everyone, so I was wondering if this perhaps has happened to anybody?

rececntly upgraded my Mtn corporate package to made for me M with the P20, which comes with the p8 lite 2017 model on the flexi R55. I did not receive the sim card for that flexi R55?? any idea what to do now...? I called the call centre and its been escalated twice now with no feedback... last call was today ..
any help or contacts to get this resolved would be great..

thanks in advance

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Now what is the benefits of being closer to a tower. Better reception and higher data bandwith? A new tower was build 100 meters from my house and they are digging up all the pavements.

Apparently installing fibre lines to the tower.

So what benefits will this have for me?
LTE speeds and who do I contact for more info?
Also if your signal was previously bad, your phone's battery life should improve as it doesn't have to search for signal as much anymore.