Was just wondering how the java jvm support was on the Omnia and Xperia?
Has anyone tried Mxit and opera mini?
I had a K-jam and an i600 and on the kjam the phone kept losing gprs sync so I had to keep reconnecting to gprs which was quite annoying.
The i600 didnt even have a jvm app, I had to get a third party ibm jvm and later a tao intent jvm so i could run mxit, opera mini and gmail..
Even then, the interface was clunky and the apps kept freezing the phone if I left them on in the background..
So, historically, my experience with java apps on Windows Mobile has been a poor one and I was wondering if this has been corrected now?
And yes, I think java support is very important for any smartphone especially here in SA, since, with the high cost of bandwidth it makes sense to use apps like opera mini and mxit which use alot less data than the built in browser and even opera mobile..
Has anyone tried Mxit and opera mini?
I had a K-jam and an i600 and on the kjam the phone kept losing gprs sync so I had to keep reconnecting to gprs which was quite annoying.
The i600 didnt even have a jvm app, I had to get a third party ibm jvm and later a tao intent jvm so i could run mxit, opera mini and gmail..
Even then, the interface was clunky and the apps kept freezing the phone if I left them on in the background..
So, historically, my experience with java apps on Windows Mobile has been a poor one and I was wondering if this has been corrected now?
And yes, I think java support is very important for any smartphone especially here in SA, since, with the high cost of bandwidth it makes sense to use apps like opera mini and mxit which use alot less data than the built in browser and even opera mobile..