How long to do a portfolio transfer?

B-1

Expert Member
Does anyone know what a reasonable time is for transferring your portfolio from one broker to another? Its been about 2 weeks and doesn't seem to be moving.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Does anyone know what a reasonable time is for transferring your portfolio from one broker to another? Its been about 2 weeks and doesn't seem to be moving.

Give more detail please. Are we talking about what here? RA’s?

B-1

Expert Member
Give more detail please. Are we talking about what here? RA’s?

That might of helped sorry :)

Its for investment stock brokerage so transferring my share portfolio from one broker to another. (Shares are in my name)

zerocool2009

Executive Member
That might of helped sorry :)

Its for investment stock brokerage so transferring my share portfolio from one broker to another. (Shares are in my name)

Max about 2 weeks I would say.

I moved ETF without selling, and it was 1 week

B-1

Expert Member
Still hasn't been transfered nearly a month later and not getting any feedback out of them.
Very poor service from satrix. I'm going to close my easy equities account as well after this nonsense as they are essentially the same organisation.

surface

Honorary Master
Still hasn't been transfered nearly a month later and not getting any feedback out of them.
Very poor service from satrix. I'm going to close my easy equities account as well after this nonsense as they are essentially the same organisation.
satrix is same as easy equities or do you mean sanlam owns them partly/wholly ?

B-1

Expert Member
satrix is same as easy equities or do you mean sanlam owns them partly/wholly ?

I believe they are separate entities but owned by the same holding company. But yes you typically end up dealing with the same people.
Anyways lodging a complaint seems to have moved things along and someone else is dealing with my transfer quite efficiently so hopefully it will be resolved soon. Will close both accounts after the transfer and move on with life.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I believe they are separate entities but owned by the same holding company. But yes you typically end up dealing with the same people.
Anyways lodging a complaint seems to have moved things along and someone else is dealing with my transfer quite efficiently so hopefully it will be resolved soon. Will close both accounts after the transfer and move on with life.
I doubt EE and Satrix are owned by the same holding company. I'll do some digging to see who owns a majority stake in purple group

Edit: major shareholders are Business Venture Investments No. 184, JP Morgan Chase Bank Omnibus Clients Onshore, Banque Lombard Odier & CIE SA, Montegray Capital (Pty) Ltd., First World Trader (Pty) Ltd. I can't find any obvious link to Satrix or Sanlam

Reactions: Shi

B-1

Expert Member
I doubt EE and Satrix are owned by the same holding company. I'll do some digging to see who owns a majority stake in purple group

Edit: major shareholders are Business Venture Investments No. 184, JP Morgan Chase Bank Omnibus Clients Onshore, Banque Lombard Odier & CIE SA, Montegray Capital (Pty) Ltd., First World Trader (Pty) Ltd. I can't find any obvious link to Satrix or Sanlam

I guess they sold their stake last year. But when phoning the trading desk last year I hit the same person on occasion and asked if they do both companies which they confirmed. The satrix now and easy equities platform is also run on the same technology so there is quite a bit of shared resources there.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
When I moved my Satrix Now portfolio, it was the same office lol

The main reasons for my move:

1. EE has no monthly fees
2. I could move without selling my ETF’s

surface

Honorary Master

1614716033540.png