Filosofer
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2017
- Messages
- 448
- Reaction score
- 141
Telkom finally came to my place on the 15th Jan to put in a telephone line. The Open serve guy asked if I'm going to get Adsl and I told him I will. So after everything, he said I should just call Telkom and tell them to activate my adsl line. I assume he did everything he needed to do at the exchange (I'm not very clued up with the technical stuff, that's why I'm here).
So I called Telkom on Friday, the guy that I spoke to told me it will be active in 3 working days and that I will receive an SMS to further instructions. No SMS, so I called them today, the lady said the technician has to come out to sort out everything at the exchange and I would need to wait 7-10 working days. Told her about the Friday call and she said that guy gave me wrong info.
I get home and my wife tells me a guy from Telkom called her cell and asked if I'm at my connected modem so he can help set it up. Why would I just hang around at home next to my modem and wait for his call?? Lol
No idea what's going on.
How would I know if my adsl line is connected?
So I called Telkom on Friday, the guy that I spoke to told me it will be active in 3 working days and that I will receive an SMS to further instructions. No SMS, so I called them today, the lady said the technician has to come out to sort out everything at the exchange and I would need to wait 7-10 working days. Told her about the Friday call and she said that guy gave me wrong info.
I get home and my wife tells me a guy from Telkom called her cell and asked if I'm at my connected modem so he can help set it up. Why would I just hang around at home next to my modem and wait for his call?? Lol
No idea what's going on.
How would I know if my adsl line is connected?
