HP Gen8 microserver: Newish graphics card that is supported?

Anonyman

Hi All,

Does anyone know what new'ish graphics card would fit into this server? I have a GT 710 in there and have recently hooked it up to the OLED TV as a home theatre pc however the current card cant do 4k so I am looking for something that will fit and allow me to run the UHD content.

No gaming will be done on this device its purely for media.
Came across these but not sure they would fit?

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance..

Regards
Darren

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
Hi Op,

Any Nvidia card in 10xx or higher will support 4k native as it will come with a HDMI 2.x port. You may need to check that your HDMI cable is also 2.x as the older ones are not certified to do 4k.

The 1030 will work however I would recommend a passive cooler if you can find one as you may be limited in space with the microserver.

Are you planning to output audio into an AMP or directly into the TV over the same HDMI?

This unit is cheaper but no low profile bracket :confused:

Wootware

Anonyman

Thanks so much for the help!!! I will be using it directly into the TV via HDMI.

I will have a look at this card as well, much appreciated

Hi Op,

Any Nvidia card in 10xx or higher will support 4k native as it will come with a HDMI 2.x port. You may need to check that your HDMI cable is also 2.x as the older ones are not certified to do 4k.

The 1030 will work however I would recommend a passive cooler if you can find one as you may be limited in space with the microserver.

Are you planning to output audio into an AMP or directly into the TV over the same HDMI?

This unit is cheaper but no low profile bracket :confused:

Wootware