http://www.bottleshop.co.za/

fish_man

Expert Member
Hi guys has anyone bought from these guys? They have a good variety of Bourbon Whisky.
Just wanna know how the service is before i place an order

Hi Fish Man

Our services are reliable.

Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday for orders outside of Cape Town. If you order today, to go to JHB it will be dispatched on Monday and will arrive within 24-48 Hours depending on the area. Main areas such as JHB and DBN take up to 24 hours to be delivered obviously depending on our courier company.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers

froot

Honorary Master
Hi Fish Man

Our services are reliable.

Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday for orders outside of Cape Town. If you order today, to go to JHB it will be dispatched on Monday and will arrive within 24-48 Hours depending on the area. Main areas such as JHB and DBN take up to 24 hours to be delivered obviously depending on our courier company.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/company-representatives
;)

The_David

Has anyone had any success ordering from these guys? I placed an order on the 7th July for a special bottle of Anejo for my wifes birthday, I've emailed a few times for updates and got no response. If I try phone the phone number listed on their website it doesnt even ring just disconnects. Concerned I've been scammed. Half the review i find on hello peter say they have awesome sevice the other half say this place is a scam....

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Has anyone had any success ordering from these guys? I placed an order on the 7th July for a special bottle of Anejo for my wifes birthday, I've emailed a few times for updates and got no response. If I try phone the phone number listed on their website it doesnt even ring just disconnects. Concerned I've been scammed. Half the review i find on hello peter say they have awesome sevice the other half say this place is a scam....
Placed an R800 order for father's day last month and it was delivered successfully in a remote town. So I'm inclined to say they are quite legit.

PsychoCC

I also ordered from them, had no issues. Not the cheapest on every aspect but a very wide variety at a single source.

The_David

Yeah my wife is huge ACDC fan and they have the ACDC Tequila (only place in SA i can find) its her Birthday this weekend and I ordered it weeks ago in the hope it would be delivered before her Birthday. Sadly seems like it may not make it in time #frownyface

The_David

OK credit where it is due. The guys just phoned me and said the bottle is stuck in customs port something and they have no control on how long it will take to clear (said this is not standard practise). He did apologize profusely and offer to do damage control either refund and overnight me something else or make some sort of plan. Just glad to know i will eventually get it.

The_David

Gees this place is Cold then Hot then Cold. Still waiting for my order from 7th July and they have again gone silent not taking calls or answering emails...They even have an Online chat which does bugger all. Why provide communication systems when you cant support them?

willsotaku

Also placed an order awhile ago for some imported beer. no communication at all does not respond to mails and phone does not even ring. still waiting on delivery. Will see if bank can reverse transaction as paid by card if nothing comes in the following week

Update: Package just randomly pitched up today

Last edited:

The_David

It seems like if what they sell is actually in store. you get your stuff no issue. If its only ordered when you order, its like rolling a dice and don't expect any communication keeping you up to date.

I eventually managed to speak to someone and had them send me a substitute tequila. Still no word on wether the one i actually ordered ever came in. Not in the mood to correspond with them to find out. Its a pitty AC/DC Anejo sounds frikken epic.

evanr4

Appalling service with my most recent purchase having had no issues on multiple previous occasions. Support staff unhelpful and it seems like management dont give a toss. Will not be using again, ever!!!

Quad

I've been buying from them for years. Had one issue over a very expensive bottle of whisky but that was resolved to my satisfaction. Some times delivery time is not as speedy as could be.

Edit - 5 orders from them with the first one being 11 June 2015. Total spend R10,350 :oops:o_O:oops:

gimpex

I ordered one bottle , site said 5 days delivery , after a few calls over 3 week period and a whole bunch of lies and requests for refunds which were promised but never materialized , finally managed to get hold of a person on LinkedIn . Got my refund the next day ..... wouldn’t use them again though .... just not professional in my experience

Terrible service and absolutely no communication. Placed and paid for a large order a week ago requesting for it to be delivered by yesterday. Have not had any feedback since I placed my order and absolutely no response to the 3 messages and emails that I have sent

phoenix99

Expert Member
Terrible service and absolutely no communication. Placed and paid for a large order a week ago requesting for it to be delivered by yesterday. Have not had any feedback since I placed my order and absolutely no response to the 3 messages and emails that I have sent
Sadly this seems to be their MO. I'd avoid them entirely in the future. Whiskybrother is a much better alternative.

gamer16

Executive Member
Their prices seem to be par for the course compared to local shops, they do however have quite a few things that a difficult to find though, and they make bulk orders a bit easier, perhaps that is the appeal.