• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Huawei Accessories and Store Disappointment

pezulu

Expert Member
My son has been a long time Huawei user, and is currently using a P20 Pro.
When he upgraded to his P10 last year, he got a bundled Huawei Watch / Watch 2 with the phone.

In the interim he has moved into his own place, and somehow misplaced and/or lost the charger for the watch.
I have been attempting to assist in obtaining a new wireless charger for him, but it is proving difficult.

On Monday 17 September I called the Huawei call centre on 0860 861 111, and was put through to Technical Support.
When I asked where I could get the charger, I was referred to the Melrose Arch store, and was told that they would be able to supply me with the charger.
A trip to Melrose Arch was undertaking, and the results were disappointing.

The store had a few covers in it, and a couple of other accessories, but not chargers.
I took a "walk-in client" slip, and had to wait almost half an hour before someone would assist me.
The assistant told me the do not carry stock, and I should try Takealot for the charger.

What is the use of having a store, when they don't carry stock?
I can understand that a wireless charger is not something that goes missing every day, but surely they could source one from another store, or even import it if need be?

I would really like to help my son, as he can't currently use the watch, but Huawei have proven unhelpful to date.
Is there someone else that could assist?

Park@82

Honorary Master
They shouldn't have sent you to the store without checking if they had stock first - their bad.
Huawei should be able to support their products with spares - their bad.

You cant really blame the store for not having stock.

I this does not only affect Huawei. This happens with any product that is not a mainstream product. Try finding a charging dock for my LG G watch R in store for example. I ordered one from China which got lost in postage.

Your best bet is to look online. e.g. https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/359...8lqWMw1TIOha8LxFQzpQHpluQDLsvUGhoCc1gQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

pezulu

Expert Member
Thanks, I had a look at the BidorBuy offer, but waiting 55-90 days seems a bit excessive.
If all else fails, we will try that route however.

pezulu

Expert Member
The call centre said Melrose Arch would have stock.
Melrose Arch (087 945 0370) never answered their phone.

Dolby

Honorary Master
That's one thing I realised as well ... I wanted a case for one of mine and couldn't get an official anywhere. Surprisingly, Melrose Arch was the only one that had ;)

It was for my P9, in the P10 era ... And I found old stock of the exact one I wanted.

Huawei

Company Representative
Company Rep
My son has been a long time Huawei user, and is currently using a P20 Pro.
When he upgraded to his P10 last year, he got a bundled Huawei Watch / Watch 2 with the phone.

In the interim he has moved into his own place, and somehow misplaced and/or lost the charger for the watch.
I have been attempting to assist in obtaining a new wireless charger for him, but it is proving difficult.

On Monday 17 September I called the Huawei call centre on 0860 861 111, and was put through to Technical Support.
When I asked where I could get the charger, I was referred to the Melrose Arch store, and was told that they would be able to supply me with the charger.
A trip to Melrose Arch was undertaking, and the results were disappointing.

The store had a few covers in it, and a couple of other accessories, but not chargers.
I took a "walk-in client" slip, and had to wait almost half an hour before someone would assist me.
The assistant told me the do not carry stock, and I should try Takealot for the charger.

What is the use of having a store, when they don't carry stock?
I can understand that a wireless charger is not something that goes missing every day, but surely they could source one from another store, or even import it if need be?

I would really like to help my son, as he can't currently use the watch, but Huawei have proven unhelpful to date.
Is there someone else that could assist?
Hi Pezulu

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please check your PM

Regards

Huawei

pezulu

Expert Member
Thank you Fazal, Talent and everyone else at Huawei that were involved in sourcing a charging dock.
It is gratifying to know that there are still good service practices.