Huawei AX3 Router & Rain 5G

Kakkamorra

I have a Rain 5G router on my roof, and works 100%, I needed to extend the coverage in my house and bought the new Huawei AX3 router thinking they are both Huawei and should work well together, but the speeds I'm getting through the AX3 is terrible, it just blocks my speed. On the other side I use a Telkom D-Link router which extends the Rain with a LAN and that one works perfectly. Any Idea what I can do on the AX3 for better speed?

powermzii

Expert Member
I have a Rain 5G router on my roof, and works 100%, I needed to extend the coverage in my house and bought the new Huawei AX3 router thinking they are both Huawei and should work well together, but the speeds I'm getting through the AX3 is terrible, it just blocks my speed. On the other side I use a Telkom D-Link router which extends the Rain with a LAN and that one works perfectly. Any Idea what I can do on the AX3 for better speed?
  1. Is the AX3 connected to the 5g via cable (through a switch perhaps) or wirelessly? - If wirelessly then you will lose some speed - try connect a cable
  2. What speeds are you getting on the X3 compared to the DLink?
  3. What wifi band are you testing on - 2.4 or 5ghz?

Kakkamorra

1. Is the AX3 connected to the 5g via cable (through a switch perhaps) or wirelessly? - If wirelessly then you will lose some speed - try connect a cable
  2. What speeds are you getting on the X3 compared to the DLink?
  3. What wifi band are you testing on - 2.4 or 5ghz?
1. The AX3 is setup as a wireless repeater - no cable- from the 5g signal of the rain router.
2. Tested now, AX3 (5G) 25mb and on the Dlink 113mb. Must say that the D-link is connected to the rain router via a LAN cable
3. Testing only the 5ghz.

This morning the ASX was giving me 5mbs and dlink was close to 90.

powermzii

Expert Member
1. The AX3 is setup as a wireless repeater - no cable- from the 5g signal of the rain router.
2. Tested now, AX3 (5G) 25mb and on the Dlink 113mb. Must say that the D-link is connected to the rain router via a LAN cable
3. Testing only the 5ghz.

This morning the ASX was giving me 5mbs and dlink was close to 90.
  1. Yeah those losses / differences do speak to a difference between cable and wireless (including interference) - have you checked if there are other wireless networks close to you on the same / close channels?
  2. 5Ghz does lose power / speed faster than 2.4 relatively through walls and across distance
Would you be able to run cable to the AX3? Either from the Dlink or from a switch?