Huawei B525 external antenna suggestions

ronnie_94

Is anyone able to suggest any external antenna's for the Huawei B525? I am moving and unfortunately the signal to where I am moving to is not the best.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I'm also using the Poynting XPOL-6-10 (two in fact). Try not to pay retail price, you will find unused or good condition second hand on Carbonite, MyBB or Gumtree. New was R1,600, second hand unused I paid R600.

BelAl

How do you install the antennae though? I don't even know the direction of the nearest tower. I have an external antennae from the previous house (30mbps+) but have now moved into a place where I get 2Mbps ... on a good day. I am slowly dying here... Who can I call to come install?
TYIA

cavedog

Honorary Master
How do you install the antennae though? I don't even know the direction of the nearest tower. I have an external antennae from the previous house (30mbps+) but have now moved into a place where I get 2Mbps ... on a good day. I am slowly dying here... Who can I call to come install?
TYIA
Well you get average hight and start rotating the antenna. It is going to take some time because you can switch between bands. Write down cell id and obviously signal numbers. RSRP lower is better SINR higher is better.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Very odd. Maybe not set up correctly or the router no reporting the correct cell id.
Yes, maybe it's my B315s-936 as I have 4 apps, Band Tool, E5185 Toolbox, LTEWatchH and my own LteMon and they all report the same.
You can see the Cell_ID does not exist in the API-Signal call below.
Also on the API-Status call below,there is a CellRoam which I'd like to know what it is, maybe it's significant.

L0.jpgL1.jpgL2.jpgL3.jpgL4.jpgL5.jpg

CodeMaster

Expert Member
Sorry to bring up an old'ish thread...
I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the net, but is the two external antenna connections on the back of the router only for LTE or WiFi or both?

dotcat

Sorry to bring up an old'ish thread...
I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the net, but is the two external antenna connections on the back of the router only for LTE or WiFi or both?
Only LTE.

CodeMaster

Expert Member
Thanks dotcat.
Has anyone had any luck boosting the signal with an omni antenna rather than a directional antenna?