Huawei Mate 40 Series

ThaGombami

Better late than never they say, so a rumour mill has it that the Huawei Mate 40 series maybe hitting SA shore sometime this year. Due to the high demand in China and Europe coupled with the declining economic conditions due to covid 19 pandemic the latest premium device from Huawei had been canned from making an appearance in South Africa. However a reliable source has hinted that there is likely to be a change of circumstances and Huawei Mate fans like myself are in line to buy these exciting devices and before you all get too excited the Huawei mate 40 series has no GMS but rather the improving HMS.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Finer details of the specific devices or whether we will see the whole series are still sketchy and so is the asking price but it certainly be premium device prices. We wait for official announcements with baited breath. Rumours must be sweet and short for them to be still rumours.

Thirstycurve

Better late than never they say, so a rumour mill has it that the Huawei Mate 40 series maybe hitting SA shore sometime this year. Due to the high demand in China and Europe coupled with the declining economic conditions due to covid 19 pandemic the latest premium device from Huawei had been canned from making an appearance in South Africa. However a reliable source has hinted that there is likely to be a change of circumstances and Huawei Mate fans like myself are in line to buy these exciting devices and before you all get too excited the Huawei mate 40 series has no GMS but rather the improving HMS.

View attachment 1023224

Finer details of the specific devices or whether we will see the whole series are still sketchy and so is the asking price but it certainly be premium device prices. We wait for official announcements with baited breath. Rumours must be sweet and short for them to be still rumours.
I find it a strange time to potentially release the Mate 40 in SA considering the P50 isn't that far away for releasing

ThaGombami

I find it a strange time to potentially release the Mate 40 in SA considering the P50 isn't that far away for releasing

For me i would think it's a matter of the void especially with the mate series they last brought Mate 20 series. Another factor maybe they now have access to more chips because the issue of less mate 40 being produced there was talk of access to less 5g chips due to the US ban.

Tcyte

I wonder what colours are they bringing and also at what price?

ThaGombami

As for colours Huawei never disappoints they make great colours. On the price aspect the price might be a little lower than the original launch price considering it may arrive around same time the Huawei P50 series is released.

Thirstycurve

View attachment 1023224

Can you please share the source

Chingha

Expert Member
As much as I would love to replace my Mate 20 Pro with one, no GMS no sale I'm afraid. That and the lack of support recently. Still on September 2020's security update.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
The rumours have become reality, this thing is absolutely fantastic!
I will be doing a review of it, but in the meantime here are some pics of this gorgeous beast. Tomorrow will be the first full day of using it so will get a better idea of it’s performance overall in terms of battery life.

So far I love how it feels in the hand, the Mate 40 Pro has a wider stance at 75.5mm wide versus the 72.6mm of the P40 Pro which does feel quite narrow.
The Mate 40 Pro also weighs in a little more at 212g versus the 209g of P40 Pro, but it seems to spread the weight out nicely as it feels a tiny bit less dense in the hand versus P40 Pro.

3287c811016118d9dd3c4bae5687a9cc.jpg

43ac5b168125bdcfc81220de079f2c13.jpg

ThaGombami

Wow @Tsepz_GP you have two premium devices please as you review give us a comparison of the two pros as you go along. Enjoy Mate and I guess my leakstar was on point we await to hear what the network carriers have to say in terms of pricing on contracts and also the official huawei store prices for cash buyers..

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Wow @Tsepz_GP you have two premium devices please as you review give us a comparison of the two pros as you go along. Enjoy Mate and I guess my leakstar was on point we await to hear what the network carriers have to say in terms of pricing on contracts and also the official huawei store prices for cash buyers..

Thanks lot man! Will certainly do a comparison with the P40 Pro.

Thirstycurve

The rumours have become reality, this thing is absolutely fantastic!
I will be doing a review of it, but in the meantime here are some pics of this gorgeous beast. Tomorrow will be the first full day of using it so will get a better idea of it’s performance overall in terms of battery life.

So far I love how it feels in the hand, the Mate 40 Pro has a wider stance at 75.5mm wide versus the 72.6mm of the P40 Pro which does feel quite narrow.
The Mate 40 Pro also weighs in a little more at 212g versus the 209g of P40 Pro, but it seems to spread the weight out nicely as it feels a tiny bit less dense in the hand versus P40 Pro.

3287c811016118d9dd3c4bae5687a9cc.jpg

43ac5b168125bdcfc81220de079f2c13.jpg
Oh lucky you, enjoy

Thirstycurve

If you hear anything and you are allowed to share please do

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Man oh man this Mate 40 Pro is great to use, I am picking it up a lot more than I did the P40 Pro, there is something so right about the screen being wider, it feels better to type on, and easier to grip thanks to the more "boxy" design. It's amazing the difference slight changes to a design can make.

Reactions: Yuu

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Absolutely brilliant! This thing charges incredibly quick, this is from yesterday, I am still on the same charge right now, sitting at 52% as I type this.
3589cb015711e58fd17bfd38a4fa8214.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
So the Mate 40 Pro is proving to be one amazing phone on battery usage, I unplugged it on Friday morning, and it only hit 11% this morning (Sunday). Unfortunately with the new EMUI11 you cannot get a full view of the usage from charge it isolates usage on a "per day basis" which is such a pity as the stats for this usage would have been pretty amazing.

e9a48101d03a4701586f01054c7f4b42.jpg

I then went on to plug the phone in, take note the Mate 40 Pro comes standard with a whopping 66W Charger in the box in a time where most manufacturers are not even including chargers.

I plugged in at 11% and 43minutes later the phone was back at 100% fully charged. Within the first 20mins of charging it was sitting at 66%, which is insane, that means if you have had a long day at work or traveling and maybe plan on going out that night you can get home, take a shower, get dressed and by the time your Uber arrives your Mate 40 Pro is 100% ready. That also means you probably do not need to charge this phone overnight, you simply plug in when you need to.

de4f05967873290439c70d1507ca035f.jpg
c92db4ad35cb12512c4bbe92656593c7.jpg
789a343ad1def4770997df05d2c79e1e.jpg

Last edited: