Huawei or Samsung

shazm

Im due for a cellphone upgrade. Initially i was considering the Samsung S 10. Then all the hype with the release of Huawei P30 range paused My decision.

But now i dont know....the P30 lite does not seem to compare to the S10 e at all. Although it is reasonably priced. The P30 also looks interior to S10. Except for the camera...but i am not much of a selfie person.

The S10plus and P30 pro are just ridiculously priced and much to big and not suitable for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations...im getting conflicting options from everyone I know.

shazm

Im due for a cellphone upgrade. Initially i was considering the Samsung S 10. Then all the hype with the release of Huawei P30 range paused My decision.

But now i dont know....the P30 lite does not seem to compare to the S10 e at all. Although it is reasonably priced. The P30 also looks interior to S10. Except for the camera...but i am not much of a selfie person.

The S10plus and P30 pro are just ridiculously priced and much to big and not suitable for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations...im getting conflicting options from everyone I know.
Inferior not interior....damn autocorrect

STORMERSFAN

Huawei make quality products at a decent price..value for money..cant wait for my P30 lite next week:)

marioat1

Expert Member

Which network are you looking at?
Is this an early upgrade?
What's your device usage like?

droid

Samsung devices are horribly overpriced and their affordable stuff have terrible specs .

Sumen

Expert Member

Since you primarily looking at flagships you don't have much choice besides Huawei and Samsung at the moment, LG G8 and Sony Xperia 1 are still to be released (they also have not been reviewed as yet).

It's a pretty hard decision to make if you are deciding between just those 2 brands, they both seem to match each other , the only difference I can really see is the UI and that too is based on personal preference.

I would not rush, rather wait for the other 2 phones to arrive in SA and then decide between the 4.

upup

Executive Member
I go with contract phones, so if I made a bad decision, after 2 years I can correct it.

upup

Executive Member
:unsure:
But you're still spending two years with it...
One have to make sure it does not fall or drown.
I use the phone mainly for phoning, whatsapp, facebook, calender and gmail and a few more. Most smartphones can do all of those. This is where fast charging is also a bonus.