Huawei P Smart S

ThaGombami

After a long silence on the South African market with the last release being the Huawei P Smart 2017, the Huawei P Smart S comes to challenge other midrange smartphone from its own stable and rival stables.P_smart_S_KV_Vertical_JPG_HQ_2.jpg

The answer to the chorus is no it does not have GMS and yes it has HMS and it's running on Android 10 out of the box. Now that is out of the way let's have a look at this midrange smartphone from Huawei.

The Huawei P Smart S out the box comes with the normal accessories, a type c charging cable, charging brick, pair of earphones and the booklets. This edition comes in two beautiful colours midnight black and breathing crystal. The 3d curved back makes the phone comfortable to hold in the hand.P_smart_S_KV_Vertical_JPG_HQ_2.jpg

The Huawei Smart S spots 4 cameras, the back the main camera being a 48Mp then a 8MP and a 2 Mp and finally a front facing 16mp Selfie camera, a huge improvement from the previous Huawei P Smart versions in terms of camera capabilities. The main camera shoots crisp and clear shots and the 8mp wide lense does take good group photos upto 120 degrees wide. The Huawei P Smart S also boosts of a super night mode boosted by the Huawei SuperSpectrum Sensor that enables the lense to receive more light to make the night photos clear and beautiful.

For me the stand out features is the 6,3 inch OLED screen with a dewdrop chunning out an ultra clear 2400 x 1080 display that gives a very good display for a midrange smartphone. Still on the display the Huawei P Smart S has received an upgrade with an indisplay fingerprint sensor giving this midrange stud a premium feel as the unlocking performance is stunning. The Huawei P Smart S runs on Android 10 together with the ever improving Huawei Mobile Services, on the hardware side the phone has 6g ram and 128GB storage expandable to 256GB.
7.jpg

The Huawei P Smart S is selling R5999 at https://huaweistore.co.za/huawei-p-...jtMcgYjApyNao-Enej_CWmJ_aD5VXhY8aAmt3EALw_wcB.
c93a10f5-3a05-411b-bd9e-1e1b1eaaa10f.pngP_smart_S_KV_Vertical_JPG_HQ_2.jpg7.jpgP_smart_S_KV_Vertical_JPG_HQ_2.jpgc93a10f5-3a05-411b-bd9e-1e1b1eaaa10f.png

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Nice one G!
OLED screen and a 4000mAh battery at that price point is amazing hey, awesome package!

Dave

Honorary Master
Nice one G!
OLED screen and a 4000mAh battery at that price point is amazing hey, awesome package!
Sorry Tsepz, it's not worth that price, for a similar price you can get the Poco X3 with AMOLED and >5000 mAh battery or Xiaomi Mi10 Lite with 5G, AMOLED and >4000 mAh battery AND the full house of Google apps and support.

Huawei should realise that until they fix their Trump problem they need to be competing with Cubot and Doogee now, not the mainstream makers.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Sorry Tsepz, it's not worth that price, for a similar price you can get the Poco X3 with AMOLED and >5000 mAh battery or Xiaomi Mi10 Lite with 5G, AMOLED and >4000 mAh battery AND the full house of Google apps and support.

Huawei should realise that until they fix their Trump problem they need to be competing with Cubot and Doogee now, not the mainstream makers.
They certainly have their work cutout for them in this segment, it’s so crowded I don’t even know much about Doogee and this must be the first time I am hearing about Cubot. I guess that’s why the Freelace incentive is there to.

Huawei will have to go by how the SA consumers are buying when they do their pricing.

Right now it looks like Huawei still have a good holding though, so I guess they have a little more wiggle room in terms of pricing versus some of their lesser known competitors.

It looks like Huawei actually gained some market share in July locally.

ThaGombami

I would rather buy a Huawei because I have support locally than buy something just because it has GMS I have found my migration to HMS to be ohk. If Poco has any issues with hardware or software I don't even know where to take it

SeRpEnT

Executive Member

This.
I don't want to sideload my Google apps like a crook.
*Spit*