I hate Vodacom more than goverment

Sasja La Grange

I have had the worst service delivery from Vodacom and nothi g seems to get them to be more effective. They have cost me a lot of money- they didn’t care. And the. They messed up and extended my contract. Now they are not available for early cancelation of contracts. I am so over this company. They are thieves and have no morality not even speaking about competence. I known hating is bad. But this company simply do not give a damn.

isie

Honorary Master
I have had the worst service delivery from Vodacom and nothi g seems to get them to be more effective. They have cost me a lot of money- they didn’t care. And the. They messed up and extended my contract. Now they are not available for early cancelation of contracts. I am so over this company. They are thieves and have no morality not even speaking about competence. I known hating is bad. But this company simply do not give a damn.
They legally cannot extend your contract without you requesting this.
So if you can prove the did this without you permission you can cancel immediately

Ivanr

Expert Member
@Sasja La Grange - The FACTS clearly/unambiguously indicate as referred to in Terms and Conditions of your Contract as stated- Section 4. Duration - the following.

1. This Agreement will start on the Activation Date and, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall continue for the Initial Period. After the Initial Period this Agreement will automatically continue on a month to month basis subject to any changes which we have notified you of unless you or Vodacom terminate it on at least 20 (twenty) business days written notice.

4.2. Despite clause 4.1, you may terminate this Agreement during the Initial Period or a Renewal Period by giving Vodacom at least 20 (twenty) business day’s notice in writing. If you do choose to terminate this Agreement during the Initial Period or a Renewal Period, you will be subject to payment of a reasonable premature cancellation charge, determined by Vodacom, and you will have to pay all outstanding amounts in respect of the Services and/or Apparatus related to the Services. A reasonable premature cancellation charge for the purposes of this clause shall mean 75% of the balance of your contract. The balance of your contract is your monthly subscription amount times by the remaining months of your contract. Any amounts outstanding to Vodacom will also be added to the cancellation cost.

NB: Your rant or raving on any forum will not resolve your problem, you are to blame by your omission to study the contract T&C before signing it Caveat Emptor(Let the buyer beware).
The T&C - https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/contract-terms-and-conditions

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
@Sasja La Grange - The FACTS clearly/unambiguously indicate as referred to in Terms and Conditions of your Contract as stated- Section 4. Duration - the following.

1. This Agreement will start on the Activation Date and, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall continue for the Initial Period. After the Initial Period this Agreement will automatically continue on a month to month basis subject to any changes which we have notified you of unless you or Vodacom terminate it on at least 20 (twenty) business days written notice.

4.2. Despite clause 4.1, you may terminate this Agreement during the Initial Period or a Renewal Period by giving Vodacom at least 20 (twenty) business day’s notice in writing. If you do choose to terminate this Agreement during the Initial Period or a Renewal Period, you will be subject to payment of a reasonable premature cancellation charge, determined by Vodacom, and you will have to pay all outstanding amounts in respect of the Services and/or Apparatus related to the Services. A reasonable premature cancellation charge for the purposes of this clause shall mean 75% of the balance of your contract. The balance of your contract is your monthly subscription amount times by the remaining months of your contract. Any amounts outstanding to Vodacom will also be added to the cancellation cost.

NB: Your rant or raving on any forum will not resolve your problem, you are to blame by your omission to study the contract T&C before signing it Caveat Emptor(Let the buyer beware).
This is true @Sasja La Grange did they renew your contract for another 24 months without permission or were you expecting them to cancel the contract automatically when it reached 24 months?

Sasja La Grange

This is true @Sasja La Grange did they renew your contract for another 24 months without permission or were you expecting them to cancel the contract automatically when it reached 24 months?
Thank you for your input. As clearly stated they have wronged me for many months costing me money, hence the fact that I do not want to continue with them. I am sick and tired of companies hiding away from clauses that nobody reads. I agree that I did understand what my obligations was and is, but what about their responsibility. Ivan- ranting and raving is all I have left after endless engagements, escalations and being the law abiding citizen. Sorry, but to have a punitive approach to resolving problems they created is obviously unacceptable.

isie

Honorary Master
Thank you for your input. As clearly stated they have wronged me for many months costing me money, hence the fact that I do not want to continue with them. I am sick and tired of companies hiding away from clauses that nobody reads. I agree that I did understand what my obligations was and is, but what about their responsibility. Ivan- ranting and raving is all I have left after endless engagements, escalations and being the law abiding citizen. Sorry, but to have a punitive approach to resolving problems they created is obviously unacceptable.
You really haven't answered the question how have they wronged you?
Ranting and raving will not get you anywhere.

You will be surprised how you can get assistance here and things can get sorted, if you put down exactly what they have done as opposed to just saying how you feel.

And yes you sign a contract the onus on you is to read it - as they are liable to follow the same contract - so should you - not reading and then expecting them to just terminate the contract on the basis on you not reading it is ridiculous.

Jaws677

I am sick and tired of companies hiding away from clauses that nobody reads..
That would be only you. Everybody else always reads and understands all the clauses all of the time. Only an idiot would go into a contract without familiarising himself first with the contract conditions

rietrot

Honorary Master
Then why do you use them?

Azg

Expert Member
I assume you are now on a month to month contract? Give your one month notice and cancel.

Sasja La Grange

You really haven't answered the question how have they wronged you?
Ranting and raving will not get you anywhere.

You will be surprised how you can get assistance here and things can get sorted, if you put down exactly what they have done as opposed to just saying how you feel.

And yes you sign a contract the onus on you is to read it - as they are liable to follow the same contract - so should you - not reading and then expecting them to just terminate the contract on the basis on you not reading it is ridiculous.
Dear Ivan. Are you working for Vodacom? If so, it will be great if you contact me directly so I can go over the months of endless problems. I do not have time to waist ( as I have done for months) telling the entire story for people who cannot assist.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Dear Ivan. Are you working for Vodacom? If so, it will be great if you contact me directly so I can go over the months of endless problems. I do not have time to waist ( as I have done for months) telling the entire story for people who cannot assist.
When will you tell the entire story here, the rants are not helping your cause.

isie

Honorary Master
Dear Ivan.
Are you looking for Ivan A Humpalot?
Are you working for Vodacom?
He works them hard - if you know what I mean

If so, it will be great if you contact me directly
I hear he gives it good and Directly
so I can go over the months of endless problems.
I heard he can go over it all night long
I do not have time to waist
From the waist down
( as I have done for months) telling the entire story
Now this is a story of how Ivan turns your life upside down
for people who cannot assist.
I hear he can assist All night long

Did we stumble upon;) a friday thread ?

Sasja La Grange

Ok. Here is long in the short:

- after spending over hundreds of thousands of rands over the last 22 years. I fell into a situation where I MUST CUT COSTS. So a cell phone and Wifi Contract was on the list. Yes, I agreed to pay the iPhone device short fall.
- it Took 3-4 months of calling the Vodacom call centre to just to down grade due to costs. Every month in those 4 months I was told by a 'team leader's' next month it will be changed. So I had to endure double the cost of my requested contract vs the previous contract.

Finally I could not take it anymore and went/ drove all the way to Midrand. I will attach my 'not so friendly' letter with the detail of people who assisted me
The guy assisted me to sort that out - again. They messed up with the next premium deduction. Same as before. ( So again I had to ensure there is enough money to pay them- was out of work since Jan 2019). Still did the right thing - law abiding citizen.

They came back and said I won't pay on the new contract for2 months. Whatever. I had to make a plan for more than 5 months financially.

So then, looking into expenses for 2020 I needed to know what was in place, contracts etc. Then when I called Vodacom, they didn't do a downgrade/ migration on my package. They actually cancelled the previous and then set up a new 2 year contract. I never gave them permission to do that.

After ONCE AGAIN, being so dissapointed and anxious about cost, I called them and said this is not right. It took me escalating it to the PR office and even then, they only changed the status of the contract- to stop contracts next year August.

I repeatedly said I want to cancel my contract with the last staw. I want to keep my be and use pay as you go.

They took my time, money and peace.
I am turning into a nasty person for a company not worthwhile.

Please assist me if you can. But I am so tired dealing with incompetend staff.

Regards S LG

Quapmocka

Vodacom did this to my mother as well, and extended her contract without her knowing. They phoned her for a new phone upgrade and she told them that she didn't want a new phone or upgrade, but just go onto month to month as she leaving the country in a years time. 12 months later when it's time for her to leave, she phones to cancel her month to month only to find that Vodacom have put her onto a 24-month contract instead. She had to pay the 12 month cancellation fee before she left. :mad:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
NEVER give over the phone permission to do anything. YOu have no idea what the other party actually ends up doing. ALWAYS face to face, with your signature on the bottom of a piece of paper.