"I helped Google screw over James Damore"

Arthur

Honorary Master
Reddit post by TiredOfLying4Google

"I was involved in the internal decisions involving James Damore's memo, and it's terrible what we did to him.

...Firing him without an NDA was a huge risk though. He was a top performer and knew too many compromising secrets, like Dragonfly, the secret censored search project in China. He had also reported several legally dubious practices in Search that still exist. Only God knows why he never leaked Dragonfly or the other issues, but I think it's because he actually cared about Google.

Our response after we fired him was equally disgraceful. We were supposed to have a Town Hall TGIF to answer employees' questions about the controversy. However, after questions started coming in that we couldn't reasonably answer, we had to cancel it. We shifted the blame onto "alt-right trolls" and have avoided talking about it openly since then."

Daruk

Honorary Master
Sounds like a company I used to work for. Mass exodus since a year or two before I left that has accelerated in the past two years.

Techne

Honorary Master
Google and Alphabet Inc run by SJWs.... hopefully soon to be chopped into smaller sizes and good riddance.

Eniigma

Expert Member
None at all. Much speculation and argument pro and contra in Comments and elsewhere.

My own bias leans towards suspecting it's genuine.
Agreed.

Really would not surpise me in the slightest if it was all true.

Would be really interesting if the poster came forward and contacted Damore's legal team.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Not sure if it's a legit question or not but I'll bite.

He's the dude Google fired for wrinting an internal memo offering a different view on their diveristy policies.
"Google's Ideological Echo Chamber", commonly referred to as the Google memo, is an internal memo, dated July 2017, by United States-based Google engineer James Damore (/dəˈmɔːr/) about Google's culture and diversity policies.[1] The memo and Google's subsequent dismissal of Damore in August 2017 became a subject of interest for the media.
(from wiki)

Emjay

Executive Member
Last edited: