i need to replace 6 single phase kwh meters

icantchooseone

Expert Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
2,898
Location
JHB
we currently have the very old spinning wheel meters , can anyone recommend a replacement ?

theres so many online so icantchooseone
 
we currently have the very old spinning wheel meters , can anyone recommend a replacement ?

theres so many online so icantchooseone
I can advise you but I need more context.
1. Whose meters are those? The municipality, or yours i.e. sub metering, or Eskom
2. There are digital meters on the market, they tend to be pricey.

PS, if the metering is yours, please don't throw the old ones away, they're collectible (believe it or not)
 
Upvote 0
I can advise you but I need more context.
1. Whose meters are those? The municipality, or yours i.e. sub metering, or Eskom
2. There are digital meters on the market, they tend to be pricey.

PS, if the metering is yours, please don't throw the old ones away, they're collectible (believe it or not)
sub meters , we own them , i didnt look but the electrician told me one was dated 1961
 
Upvote 0
sub meters , we own them , i didnt look but the electrician told me one was dated 1961
Sub-meters you can get from ACDC Express
The RECHARGER brand is quite okay, they're all around the same price, R200-R400

The CONLOG BEC12 I recommend, was on special for R100 in April, I *think* they're R199 now and they have the added bonus of being NFC capable.

1791441443165.png
They are prepaid sub-meters, so that means your tenant buys electricity and the money comes into YOUR account once it's registered.

If you want to have meters that are just readable as the previous ones were, then they're a bit more expensive:
1791441574590.png
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sub-meters you can get from ACDC Express
The RECHARGER brand is quite okay, they're all around the same price, R200-R400

The CONLOG BEC12 I recommend, was on special for R100 in April, I *think* they're R199 now and they have the added bonus of being NFC capable.

View attachment 1943437
They are prepaid sub-meters, so that means your tenant buys electricity and the money comes into YOUR account once it's registered.

If you want to have meters that are just readable as the previous ones were, then they're a bit more expensive:
View attachment 1943438
ours arent pre-paid
 
Upvote 0
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X