Iburst connect to a ADSL 5102G modem

Spek

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
13
I want to connect my Iburst desktop modem to my ADSL 5102G modem. I have a PS3 and i manage to connect it the modem "ADSL" so i can stream video's from my pc on to the PS3 Wireless. Now i just want to setup the internet, then my PS3 also can go onto the internet. Any idea's
 
You can't connect iBurst to a ADSL router, the router has to be a Broadband router.
 
I don't have a PS3, so I can't advice you on the best option.

But there's a few members who do, so maybe they can give you better advice.

I personally use a TP-Link MR3420 router with iBurst and Cell C, but there's more options out there.

Maybe other members will give their input.
 
So must i buy a broadband router or a switch?

It has to be a broadband router that can initiate a PPPOE connection with a username and password. The Iburst desktop modem does not make the PPPOE connection itself.
 
hey madhawk can you help with setting up the iburst desk modem and the mr3420 router........I am really stuck here man.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X