IBurst sucking on The Ridge

ICEFYRE

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
South Africa Roodepoort Honeydew Ridge
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me. I have been using iBurst for the last year and had no problems but the last few months say since December there has been some huge issues. My world of Warcraft experience went from 400-800ms to 400 (2% of the time) -28 sec latency. I can't join any BG's or pvp's the connection to server just drops.

I thought maybe it's just WoW but all my online games Darkspore, NFS Shift 2, COD all have the same problems. Some days some web sites don't work.

I even installed a modem to PPPoE to the iBurst Wireless Desktop modem but that didn't help. We even had to take one of our clients in my area off iBurts because they CEO could not VPN on RDP to their server. So as a last ditch effort a friend of mine recommended that I come ask for some help here. I want to stay with iBurst but maybe I should go Cell C. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
 
damn.... Iburst are still around?

If you can get the money to switch over to ADSL do so. I previously used Iburst for playing wow and also got similar problems, though my latency shot up and never went down again. You get better latency on 384 uncapped account on a bad day than you get with Iburst on a good day.
 
damn.... Iburst are still around?

If you can get the money to switch over to ADSL do so. I previously used Iburst for playing wow and also got similar problems, though my latency shot up and never went down again. You get better latency on 384 uncapped account on a bad day than you get with Iburst on a good day.

Yes, we are still around and providing services where Telkom with ADSL fails.

The problem with the Honeydew Ridge area is that there has been a burst of gated communities with a refusal by Telkom for services resulting in larger than normal BTS load in the area.

As you all know, moving a BTS into the area isn't a simple task, given the constraints around the process, but we will endeavour to do our best.

384 kb/s is not suitable for the majority of multi-player games and cannot be used for DSTV Ondemand.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X