ICASA REPORT & FINDINGS

Sorry, I have lost all faith in ICASA, they let nov1 happen, theyre pretty useless in my eyes.
 
RPM can't you get an update from them? It seems only reasonable that they give us an update as to what they have been doing for the past 3 months?
 
w1z4rd said:
Sorry, I have lost all faith in ICASA, they let nov1 happen, theyre pretty useless in my eyes.

I was one of the people who had faith that ICASA would help us. But as things strand now, I have also lost total faith in them. Not only because they let 1 November happen, but because I refuse to believe the process can possibly take this long. They are stalling and I really do believe it has something to do with Telkom. In about 3 months time it will have been 3 years since we first lodged the complaint. It can't possibly take 3 years to get results. Actually, I've gone from frustrated to totally p1ssed off.
 
Ye, I too feel totally dismayed at ICASA. The went very quiet over the Nov1 thing, and their failure to product any meaningful results after the adsl hearing is pathetic. They are simply not doing their jobs.
 
I made a post several days ago stating that ICASA was not to blame and the government and Telkom are the real culprits here. But now I'm starting to get pissed off with ICASA too...

This is blatant incompetency on their part. There is absolutely no excuse why this should have taken SO long. As the saying goes... only in SA.
 
hmmm me not very optimistic

guys it telkom and icasa we dealin with here...

promises, promises, promises and a nude pic of sizwe rollin in the money is all we would prob get 2 c.

almost 50% of icasa members have shares in telkom and would thus not do anything that would result in them makin less profit
:(
 
I would like to propose a name change : ICASA should be : The Incompetent Communications Authority of South Africa.
 
How on EARTH can they possibly justify delays of this magnitude without even a HINT of a reason? This is absolutely pathetic and raises my temperature just thinking about it! Can you imagine how long you would last in your job if you told your boss you would meet an expected deadline and then just do absolutely NOTHING, not even tell him why you are running late?

This actually makes me physically sick.
 
Bobb said:
Can you imagine how long you would last in your job if you told your boss you would meet an expected deadline and then just do absolutely NOTHING, not even tell him why you are running late?

I'd be promoted. :D

I work for government.
 
Did anyone else think it odd that an otherwise toothless up-until-now-silent body suddenly came through and lashed out at Telkom?

Given their previous performance in this field is this not par for the course for them? I mean perhaps the ADSL report was overzelously done, some toes got stood on, govenrment employed seagull management, some knuckles got rapped, and now its back to sleep as usual?

Did we get all exited for nothing?
 
ic said:
The new people at ICASA probably don't have that freedom, which equals a lack of will to proceed with the original findings & produce the regulations that were promised.

Given the new name change I'm likely to agree with you!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X