Iconia A500 R2999

nadimm

Expert Member
Stolen from the Hardware Bargains Thread

Acer Iconia A500 32GB tablet 10.1" - R2999 @ Incredible Connection

Android Honeycomb, but I read that Acer will release an upgrade to ICS for it.
Includes built-in GPS, HDMI port, USB host port and MicroSD slot
Wifi only, but at this price it's a pretty good deal I think - in fact I bought one this morning (my first tablet)
Incredible Connection Page

Sounds like a good deal albeit for a dated tab. (Not that there are many newer spec'd android tablets available - the exception being the prime).

rodga

Executive Member
im thinking about it
but not sure, will probably pass on this deal
cash is a bit tight these days ;)

Hemps

Honorary Master
The things a brick in todays terms, get it if you dont go to the gym often and need an arm workout.

Hemps

Honorary Master
123grams more than the ipad 2?
Thats a lot, I consider my iPad 2 to be "heavy" especially when I read.
Depends on what you are going to use the thing for I suppose.

russellO

You could also get a Blackberry Playbook on BidorBuy for between 1800 - 2800 for 16GB. It just got firmware update to Playbook OS 2.0 last month (native Email, Calendar and Contacts without need for BB phone) and RIM have confirmed it is getting Blackberry OS 10 (which is launching on new BB phones in May - so expect it for Playbook soon afterwards). The Playbook has the same hardware as Motorols ATRIX 2, Motorola Droid RAZR, etc.

rodga

Executive Member
You could also get a Blackberry Playbook on BidorBuy for between 1800 - 2800 for 16GB. It just got firmware update to Playbook OS 2.0 last month (native Email, Calendar and Contacts without need for BB phone) and RIM have confirmed it is getting Blackberry OS 10 (which is launching on new BB phones in May - so expect it for Playbook soon afterwards). The Playbook has the same hardware as Motorols ATRIX 2, Motorola Droid RAZR, etc.
id much rather have android, thanks

russellO

id much rather have android, thanks
For sure, me too.

But for R2000 you are getting a dam good deal. BTW, QNX is linux based and it has an Android Player that lets you install and run Android Apps from the Play Store. Android Devs can also just get a signing key and repackage their app and they can then deploy it to BB App World.

EDIT: I said R2000 because there were 2 auctions yesterday closed at 10PM and last price I saw was R1750. From a Verified seller.

Last edited: