ID Book Photos

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
A couple quick questions about ID Book photos . . .

Are they the same size as Passport Ones (35mm x 45mm)?

Do they need to be Black and white?​

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Just measured mine :p It's 30mm in width x 35mm in height and is in colour.

JayN

Recently had both passport and ID photos taken ... the ID photos are smaller and need to be more of your head rather than your shoulders as well. Also you can't smile for ID photos ... but you can for passport photos. Bottom line ... there is a difference.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Recently had both passport and ID photos taken ... the ID photos are smaller and need to be more of your head rather than your shoulders as well. Also you can't smile for ID photos ... but you can for passport photos. Bottom line ... there is a difference.
I've got a suspicion that when I crop the passport photo to ID photo size it will sort itself out.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
They're doing ID books at the local community hall so there was a mad rush on ID photos today - I did 15 sets this morning. I really need to work on that workflow.

So far none have been rejected. :)

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Yeesh... If "mad rush" is anything like Pick 'n Pay when potatoes go on special... Congratulations :p

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
They're doing ID books at the local community hall so there was a mad rush on ID photos today - I did 15 sets this morning. I really need to work on that workflow.

So far none have been rejected. :)
Aah, I thought you were getting the green mamba :)

Keeper

Honorary Master
yes, i would like to know where to get new ID photo's....some idiot put "2 Rand" as my name. my brother matric exemsion took 5 months to get a new id book!

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
Slang (pardon the pun) for the green ID book. or the green passport, depending on where you grew up.