Immunotherapy ~ You Know Someone?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Heard of a guy that was diagnosed with spots on liver and lungs, will be doing tests next week to decide if immunotherapy will prolong his life. Figures of 100 000 a shot are being mentioned.... Is this worth it? Do you know anyone that had been down this road and survived longer?

Read somewhere that the treatment for cancer is advancing at such a rate, every six months we hear of a new breakthrough and life can be extended.

The guy I am referring to had leukemia a few decades ago and went through chemo and reckons he does not want to do that again.
My mom had breast cancer three decades ago and went through years of chemo and suffering and two weeks before she kicked it at the age of 49 told me that of she had to go through it all again she would never had done chemo and rather lived a better quality of life with the time she had..... that stuck in my mind ever since...

stupid cancer.........

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Heard yesterday the fellow mentioned above has been given between 8-12 months to live...

Mother flucker...... I don't know what I would do if I was told this, think phone Gregorgy and get a 100 kg bag of weed and go out in a blaze of glory!

They waiting for one more result to decide if it is even worthwhile taking treatment. Strange thing that this guy is still very active and shows no signs of anything is wrong...... only picked up this kak on his medical....

EMAM

Honorary Master
Morty. ....I was also given 12 months to live but for aggressive breast cancer - this was end 2012 and I'm still around.
I prepared my end of life while going through treatment - sorted my finances, wrote letters to my kids for their milestone birthdays - 6 years down the line, these are all still sitting happily in a safe. Plus I've been declared in remission, which I was told I never would be. I do still get checked every 6 months though.

I hate doctors who give you a time span.

Unfortunately, liver cancer is one of the worst.....and I can only hope and pray for your friend.

lumeer

Life expectancies and survival rates are merely averages taken over large populations. Individual mileage may vary. People want a number though.

marco

Expert Member
My wife survived throat cancer and was to have her first yearly scan in 3 weeks time. She has now declined it as she will not do chemo and radiotherapy again due to her bad experience with it. It literally killed her.

She is a registered cancer patient here in Portugal but we are relocating to the UK in 4 weeks. If she gets ill and finds the cancer has returned she will rather do LDN therapy. Low Dose Naltrexone is known to awake the body's immune system to recognise tumours and attack them.

There are many clinics and doctors that prescribe it in SA as well.
https://www.ldnscience.org/

thehuman

Expert Member
Buddy passed away in December from stage 4 brain cancer.
Was picked up October after getting headaches.

marco

Expert Member
Cannabis only relieves the effects of chemo, pain and helps with loss of appetite. I have researched this thoroughly on my wife's behalf. It may be not what helped you as it could just be your own body that fought it. I see by your smile that you are really enjoying it. You go girl.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Heard yesterday the fellow mentioned above has been given between 8-12 months to live...

Mother flucker...... I don't know what I would do if I was told this, think phone Gregorgy and get a 100 kg bag of weed and go out in a blaze of glory!

They waiting for one more result to decide if it is even worthwhile taking treatment. Strange thing that this guy is still very active and shows no signs of anything is wrong...... only picked up this kak on his medical....
Pretty much what they told my father (R.I.P Viking the Great) Gave him 12 months. 12 months later he was in the ground. There wasn't much they could do for him, neither the finances, but he was at peace not to suffer for longer. Went with a smile on his face in his late 40. He left behind R50 in his bank account. :ROFL:

All of the best in such a difficult time, to your 'friend' and his family.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
The results came back a few weeks ago and he cannot have any treatment. So in essence they cannot really do anything for him and doing chemo will only extend his life by a few short months.

He declined.

I visited him down in the Cape not too long ago, had a deep conversation and admire his outlook on it all.

He displays no outward signs of the condition and reckons he just gets a little tired quicker in the day.

I noticed he still eats,drinks and plays a bit of sport on the side as he has always done. Not letting it get to him.

In addition he is also taking Cannabis oil now.

Hoping for him to be one of those in the 6% range that live for five more years...

:unsure: