Importing the iPhone 4S

renierp

Although I have the iPhone 4, I have this sudden urge to get the 4S!
Is there anyone bringing a device in from the states yet? I know they're not officially sold unlocked yet, but apparently some people have been able to receive unlocked versions.
It seems the US/Canada is currently the cheapest option
Is there anyone bringing some handsets in themselves and what would the approximate total import cost come to

Previously some people clubbed in on a myus service to make shipping cheaper when importing their iDevices
Anyone interested?

PoiZoNouZ

Expert Member
I think I'll wait till it's available on contract. I'm due end October, hopefully we will have the phone by year end.

MTN still has 5000 iPhone 4 in stock to go through...

renierp

My upgrade is only due in Oct next year, so then I will wait on iPhone 5 to upgrade.
Now, I just want to 'top up', but as NetDude mentioned, for a fair price. It's not worth it if I have to add 3K to the selling price of my iPhone 4

renierp

There seems to be quite a bit of interest, what I am after now, is cost.

Has anyone investigated cost of importing yet (device+shipping/myUS/customs)

I'm sure there are some of you that has already imported/looked at importing.

Bluray

7.5k is a lot of moola. Luckily I have my upgrade coming up end December.

Sent from my  iPad using Tapatalk

Reddevil10

Geez guys take it easy, why spend so much money importing. Its gonna be in SA before christmas (at least that is what vodacom says).

guyver

I also wouldn't bother importing... just wait till it arrives here. Not too long to wait.

renierp

The idea is NOT to spend a lot. When you get the right deal, it will be much cheaper than when it launches here. If I could sell my existing and put an extra R800 or so on top of that, it would be worthwhile. But with the R/$ which is so screwed, we won't be so lucky.

But either way, I have decided not to take the 4s now, rather getting an iPad 2. My contract will be due for upgrade round about the next phone launch, so I will wait till then.
iPad will keep me entertained for a while... Real Racing 2 via Airplay to my Apple TV is gonna ROCK

Bottom line, I'm not pursuing this deal anymore, so the rest can decide amongst themselves whether they do decide to import and elect a Treasurer. :D

creeper

Executive Member
Although I have the iPhone 4, I have this sudden urge to get the 4S!
Is there anyone bringing a device in from the states yet? I know they're not officially sold unlocked yet, but apparently some people have been able to receive unlocked versions.
It seems the US/Canada is currently the cheapest option
Is there anyone bringing some handsets in themselves and what would the approximate total import cost come to

Previously some people clubbed in on a myus service to make shipping cheaper when importing their iDevices
Anyone interested?

I won't recommend buying the iPhone 4s from the USA as most are locked to a network like AT&T. It seems that the unlocked version is only being released end November. That is according to the istore in San Francisco.

renierp

I won't recommend buying the iPhone 4s from the USA as most are locked to a network like AT&T. It seems that the unlocked version is only being released end November. That is according to the istore in San Francisco.

Very true, but as mentioned, some people in the us have reported being able to purchase them 'unlocked' already from some stores