Incredible Connection Website PII Disclosure

acidemon

Yesterday it came to my attention that there was an issue with Incredible Connections website, namely that their:
page had all fields populated with the previous applicant (see pictures). The information included the persons name, address, ID number, salary, family members and contact details amongst others. I contacted this person using the number they had obviously provided and they confirmed that:

a.) Those were indeed their personal details
b.) They did in fact apply for credit using Incredible Connection's site, and
c.) They were not aware of the disclosure

I called Incredible Connection's Customer Services number and after a few attempts eventually got through. After mentioning the disclosure to the service operator they confirmed same. The site has since been fixed but, at least to my knowledge, that person's confidential information was available for anyone browsing to that url for a number of hours. It's now a day later and they have not been contacted by IC, not even for an apology. Do I need to quote the POPI act?

** I requested permission from the affected person to post this **

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 14.25.49.pngScreenshot 2020-01-16 at 15.08.05.pngScreenshot 2020-01-16 at 15.08.20.pngScreenshot 2020-01-16 at 15.08.43.png

Last edited:

Sudo Panic

Yesterday it came to my attention that there was an issue with Incredible Connections website, namely that their:
page had all fields populated with the previous applicant (see pictures). The information included the persons name, address, ID number, salary, family members and contact details amongst others. I contacted this person using the number they had obviously provided and they confirmed that:

a.) Those were indeed their personal details
b.) They did in fact apply for credit using Incredible Connection's site, and
c.) They were not aware of the disclosure

I called Incredible Connection's Customer Services number and after a few attempts eventually got through. After mentioning the disclosure to the service operator they confirmed same. The site has since been fixed but, at least to my knowledge, that person's confidential information was available for anyone browsing to that url for a number of hours. It's now a day later and they have not been contacted by IC, not even for an apology. Do I need to quote the POPI act?

** I requested permission from the affected person to post this **

View attachment 768816View attachment 768818View attachment 768820View attachment 768822
I worked for that company up until 2019 and let me tell you something, the people at head office are so far up each other's arses they don't even know what's going on, the website is so f***ed up that they constantly have the incorrect amounts for items, ie: ipad Pro 11" 1TB Silver which was supposed to be R28999 was selling for R5999, I have no idea who maintains the website but it's so bad, also the intranet is trash, checking stock is never accurate even though stocktake was done twice a week in our store, I've seen people drop the boxs containing laptops and chargers that was about to be purchased by a customer only to have it returned later because something is wrong ie: the display. What's even worse is that brands like Lenovo need to be brought in and sent to the supplier regardless of how long ago the purchase was made. (Trust me they won't budge.) Registering for your 3 year warranty online requires you to punch in alot of personal information and isn't very user friendly. I may sound like a salty ex employee but I'm just telling you what I've experienced.

Thor

Honorary Master
Incredible connection's website is dodge AF.