Insufficient Airtime Issue

jnvdh06

Since November last year I have had the persistent issue of when I am trying to make calls, I get an insufficient airtime message, even though I have enough airtime on my phone. The only way I am able to make calls is when I load a voice bundle.

It all started when we were on holiday in November last year. I put my call forwarding on to divert calls to my colleagues phone, when we returned back from holiday, I turned call forwarding off, and since then I have been getting this message.

I have contacted customer care multiple times, and they advised me to turn my phone off for 5 minutes, and then turn it back on again. This did not solve the problem.

They have now escalated it to the technical team, and I was told they will respond in 72 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What did you do to solve it?

dlevine

Since November last year I have had the persistent issue of when I am trying to make calls, I get an insufficient airtime message, even though I have enough airtime on my phone. The only way I am able to make calls is when I load a voice bundle.

It all started when we were on holiday in November last year. I put my call forwarding on to divert calls to my colleagues phone, when we returned back from holiday, I turned call forwarding off, and since then I have been getting this message.

I have contacted customer care multiple times, and they advised me to turn my phone off for 5 minutes, and then turn it back on again. This did not solve the problem.

They have now escalated it to the technical team, and I was told they will respond in 72 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What did you do to solve it?
Simple solution, on the mtn app select allow out of bundle voice calls. Problem solved....

dlevine

See below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-195058_MTN.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-195058_MTN.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 15

jnvdh06

Simple solution, on the mtn app select allow out of bundle voice calls. Problem solved....
Thanks. I just recently loaded a voice bundle so will have to deplete that before I can seenof this works.
Didn't notice that option before.

dlevine

Let me know, exactly the same was happening to me. What is yours set to now?.

epah

Expert Member
0153ea8abf0542a21d63a56a8233911a.jpg

All you need to do is dial the numbers above. Worked for me.