Insurgency: Sandstorm

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
So it was finally released yesterday.
Great game. Best shooter out there at the moment.

However.

No local servers. Africa is also not listed as a region so not sure if we will be getting and even if we do get, currently custom servers do not earn xp.

Very disappointing.
You can play locally with bots and there is coop, but seeing as I am still under 2 hours (I hope) I am wondering if I shouldn't just refund the game.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Eish.

I'm keen on grabbing a copy. Can always fire up a custom server then. Although most people want to rank up though. In light of that, Rising Storm Vietnam 2 has an awesome Christmas toy soldier map out now. Going to fire up a server for that later today :D

Pitbull

Verboten
So it was finally released yesterday.
Great game. Best shooter out there at the moment.

However.

No local servers. Africa is also not listed as a region so not sure if we will be getting and even if we do get, currently custom servers do not earn xp.

Very disappointing.
You can play locally with bots and there is coop, but seeing as I am still under 2 hours (I hope) I am wondering if I shouldn't just refund the game.
Insurgency is very realistic, similar to Squad. You get hit you're dead.

Amazing game though. I will give the new update a shot once the fibre is sorted now...

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
No local custom servers yet either.
Playing with 200 -220 ping.

It is doable, but several cheap latency related deaths later make me want to punch a hole in the tv

StoneCold

Expert Member
I see Stonecold launched a ZA custom server, but it's empty....
LOL, glad to hear that its visible. I'll keep it up and see if people connect. If not, next week I'll take it down or try a different game mode. Also, if you're not going to join it and linger around on it for a bit, I highly doubt anyone will join if everyone had the mentality of "the server is empty, so I'm not going to join it" ;)

I'll hop on later tonight, maybe it will pick up over the weekend, let's see.

Last edited:

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I will be on later as well.
Will join the server for a while.

I also left some comments on some topics about sa servers on steam to join the server

StoneCold

Expert Member
I will be on later as well.
Will join the server for a while.

I also left some comments on some topics about sa servers on steam to join the server
Cool, no problem. I literally just put the server up, so I need to setup a mapcycle etc. Will see if I can put up a coop one too to cater for those that also appreciate that. Is the Firefight game mode your std team deathmatch?

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I don't think it has a team death match game mode or something similar to my knowledge

StoneCold

Expert Member
Fired up 3 servers today. One coop, one firefight and one push server. Capacity per server is 8, 16 and 24.

e4et

Expert Member
No local custom servers yet either.
Playing with 200 -220 ping.

It is doable, but several cheap latency related deaths later make me want to punch a hole in the tv
I refunded for now, will look at it again when the local player base increases.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I refunded for now, will look at it again when the local player base increases.
Here's hoping it increases. I did put up 3 servers today and will ket them run over the weekend to guage interest. Although, once the game goes on sale in 6-8 months we might see more locals.

Also, a lot of people are on holiday at the moment, so it will be extra quiet with regards to local players.

Last edited:

e4et

Expert Member
Here's hoping it increases. I did put up 3 servers today and will ket them run over the weekend to guage interest. Although, once the game goes on sale in 6-8 months we might see more locals.
Nice.
Maybe also let the guys over at carb and sagaming know.