Intermittent speed on 20/20 line

Nixnax

Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
I have a Cell C connection (Sonneglans, Randburg) via Vumatel. I stream a lot of sport via Sky or BT Sport, the latter seemingly the better service thanks to a better media player. That said, the Sky image/s (Formula One) comes and goes from clear to blurry. Is the speed on the fibre line intermittent, or is it the player? When I test speed (broadband test or speedtest.net) it consistently shows 20/20 up and down which is the service I pay for. Is there an app I can download to test the speeds on a frequent basis that does not require a manual activation etc. Thanks in advance
 
I have never had a problem with my C-fiber on Vumatel, besides the occasional international slowdown my line is extremely stable, and when something does go wrong their extended hours C-Fiber support team is awesome (their number is on Vumatels website under ISP support)
 
Test my net shows your international performance, so don’t get a shock if your line does not sit at 20Mbps 24/7
Its a bit unstable- once I looked through the graphs, it stutters quite a bit but still delivers 20/20 mostly.
Thanks
N
 
Test my net shows your international performance, so don’t get a shock if your line does not sit at 20Mbps 24/7
Not too bad?



Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 10:03:03 am

​
93.5 MB
22.26 Mbps 2.78 MB/s




​
Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 9:03:22 am

​
129 MB
20.36 Mbps 2.54 MB/s




​
Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 8:03:06 am

​
125 MB
21.01 Mbps 2.63 MB/s




​
Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 7:53:51 am

​
92.1 MB
19.54 Mbps 2.44 MB/s




​
Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 6:53:45 am

​
90.1 MB
20.37 Mbps 2.55 MB/s




​
Thu Nov 15 2018 @ 5:53:41 am

​
95.4 MB
21.59 Mbps 2.7 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 12:33:14 pm

​
5.1 MB
11.29 Mbps 1.41 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 12:33:02 pm

​
93.4 MB
20.02 Mbps 2.5 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 11:58:41 am

​
5.9 MB
11.94 Mbps 1.49 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 11:58:29 am

​
128 MB
20.68 Mbps 2.59 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 10:28:06 am

​
18.4 MB
16.71 Mbps 2.09 MB/s




​
Tue Nov 13 2018 @ 10:27:47 am

​
42.9 MB
22.36 Mbps 2.79 MB/s




​
 
20/20 or 20/2? That looks like 20/2. Also, based on the feedback here, c-fibre is good? I heard from others that c-fibre is terrible when it comes to customer service and installation
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X