International Speeds

BCR

Expert Member
So we don't have insight into Telkom's LTE network. Unlike MTN LTE where we have some control, Telkom manage that portion.

Having said that, we have been engaging with them on our client's behalf, especially around packet loss and latency. They have greatly improved the packet loss issue, but until the west cables come back online, they may not be able to fully restore the overall experience with the resources available.

We'll continue to monitor and give feedback to them - hopefully wherever improvements can be made, we can get some action in those areas.

Thanks for the feedback, AfriMan !
I'd say that around 80 - 90% of what I use now works as it did before the cable break, so any issues are limited.
There seems to have been marked improvement since I originally wrote.

Please post a bulletin thread on your sub-forum once things have been restored (ie. the cable fixed, and data used on it 100% of the time again), assuming there's not a full article on it in MyBB.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Thanks for the feedback, AfriMan !
I'd say that around 80 - 90% of what I use now works as it did before the cable break, so any issues are limited.
There seems to have been marked improvement since I originally wrote.

Please post a bulletin thread on your sub-forum once things have been restored (ie. the cable fixed, and data used on it 100% of the time again), assuming there's not a full article on it in MyBB.

I think it has been pretty widely covered in the press - in terms of the ship and the cables, etc. But we're posting loads of updates on our website. You should be able to see those easily if you have our app.

haCid

@AfriMan - with the report of the undersea cables repaired now, how long before Afrihost moves back to SAT-3 and WACS?

Kind regards

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 11.27.16.png

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
@AfriMan - with the report of the undersea cables repaired now, how long before Afrihost moves back to SAT-3 and WACS?

Kind regards

View attachment 787080
Hey haCid
Once the Echo Net ops team have concluded their monitoring period and are happy with the results traffic will systematically be moved back to their original international paths.