Internet drops without warning

breadbox

How can I be informed BEFORE HAND when my internet is going down because it is starting to effect my productivity at home. Every time the internet drops I have to constantly visit the Afrihost website and try find out if my area is affected in some way. Most of the time it isn't even listed under their network status tab. Currently the internet just drops and returns again anywhere between 30 minutes and a few hours later. Then it is fine for a few days / weeks at a time again. That being said the downtime really sucks if I cannot plan ahead. I have signed up for the Afrihost notifications option but alas have received ZERO notifications to this point. Despite the fact that the internet has gone down on more than one occasion.

I understand outages can be unplanned. Yet the frequency of the outages in my area has been very common. I'm left to check my router and other hardware at home when at the end of the day the fault lies with the ISP. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"D"

Expert Member
You may want to check out Failover solutions and/or Loadbalancing solutions.