IOTA - thoughts

Cursed_SX

From Aug till Dec I have received a 224% gain. I like their idea and curious to see what happens.

phly

Expert Member
Buy it. Next best thing since blockchain. Miss it and miss out. Chances are you will not get it as cheap as it is now.

saor

Honorary Master
Chances are you will not get it as cheap as it is now.
That would've been even more true a few months ago when it was at $0.4 :).

Buying now also comes down to how you want to trade this: You can either enter now after it's gone up 10x in price or look for something else that has the potential to do a similar increase in a few months time. Look at the chart:

crop here.png

Ideally you wanted to have bought in the circled price. If you bought at $0.4 you've now x10 your initial investment, whereas if you buy now and it goes to $10, you've only x2 your initial investment. I guess I prefer taking the risk early on when it's really cheap and sit on it for a few months rather than buy into something after it's just rocketed up. But of course, that green line drawn in could be it's trajectory in the next 6 months and you make a load of money buying now.

Last edited:

redarrow

Expert Member
I traded all my IOTA for LTC yesterday (which was good timing :D ). I don't know if IOTA has potential but it's super crappy to work with now imho. Overly complicated, my coins all got lost due to some upgrade or something and I had to use some funky kung-fu to get them back. And yea, took over 24 hours to transfer the coins from wallet to exchange, luckily I initiated that on Sunday.

phly

Expert Member
Buy it. Next best thing since blockchain. Miss it and miss out. Chances are you will not get it as cheap as it is now.

Can't believe I said this - Oh how young and naive I was. Also that date is about as high as IOTA ever got to and it has been dumping ever since. from around 5 bucks down to 22cents. So this is how one sets money on fire.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Can't believe I said this - Oh how young and naive I was. Also that date is about as high as IOTA ever got to and it has been dumping ever since. from around 5 bucks down to 22cents. So this is how one sets money on fire.
I'll be happy to buy your iota off you, if you want to count your losses and get rid of it. I would keep it though, if I were you...

phly

Expert Member
I'll be happy to buy your iota off you, if you want to count your losses and get rid of it. I would keep it though, if I were you...

Oh I am not holding any altcoins - conditions are not looking too favourable for them yet atleast in my opinion. Used to hold some back in the day on Bitfinex but I either sold it or traded it into BTC.