iPad 2 and Cell C - bundle check

surfs-up

Expert Member
I have an iPad 2 and bought a Cell C 2GB per month prepaid deal for it. I cut the sim to micro size, and installed. All has been working perfectly, I get lovely fast 3G signals.

I wanted to keep a check on my data use, so at the start of June I went into settings - usage, and would reset the data. That works, but it means having to remember to reset the data counter at the beginning of each month.

I went into Cell C and asked them how I could check on my balance, and they said it was not possible :wtf: I would have to take the SIM out the iPad and put it into my iPhone 4 (micro size) and then enter *101#

Not satisfied with this I played around in my settings - there is a way on the iPad 2

Go to:
Settings
Cellular data
SIM applications
Products and services
Balance enquiry
Accept

I see I have 2046.53 for July available. While in there, there are other handy options, where you can check RICA status etc

robhob

Something to remember is that you can do a sim swap at Cell C for R10...

surfs-up

Expert Member
Something to remember is that you can do a sim swap at Cell C for R10...

Yup, I wanted to do that, but my local store said they had no micro SIMS in stock, so I had to resort to my mini wire cutters

piranha786

Expert Member
Next he gonna tell us he can open a us iTunes account in SA!:D

Btw I have 1

surfs-up

Expert Member
Next he gonna tell us he can open a us iTunes account in SA!:D

Btw I have 1

:D I did that in May last year (2010) when I brought an iPad 1 back from the USA :D

I just mentioned the steps in the OP because even the Cell C stores aren't aware of it :wtf: (WTF? )

CaTcH21

Expert Member
If i knew the cell c works well in the ipad, i wouldnt have bothered signing up for useless vodacom 3g, ah well, 11 months to go.

anuj678

Mobile App Development is a leading mobile application development company that leverages mobile technology and combines it with top-grade programming and creative skills to offer unique mobile application development solutions and web interfaces to its clients for optimised mobile viewing and increasing their customer base. With a customer-centric approach we consider the complete mobile application development cycle starting from system analysis and architecture to the development and installation, testing, hosting and maintenance.

mobile application development

surfs-up

Expert Member
Mobile App Development is a leading mobile application development company that leverages mobile technology and combines it with top-grade programming and creative skills to offer unique mobile application development solutions and web interfaces to its clients for optimised mobile viewing and increasing their customer base. With a customer-centric approach we consider the complete mobile application development cycle starting from system analysis and architecture to the development and installation, testing, hosting and maintenance.

mobile application development

RAS