iPad 2 price rises in SA

Niren_M

The reason behind the price increase is an obvious one. Dunno if other tablets will follow suit soon!

whatwhat

Executive Member
Remember the US price excludes state tax (even though there are a few states where you don't pay tax) but you can look at adding 4 to 8% of the price when buying it in a store there

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
meh, the rush then to get an ipad before the increase probably explains why I cannot get to their sales ppl at the moment. left messages but had no response yet.

Joe Average

This is a result with no real competition to the iPad, currently.
Hopefully with Android and Windows 8 tablets evolving it would lead to better prices in this market.
Personally I would wait till next year to see what Win8 tablets are released.

arcanum7

FEC

If those figures are a true reflection then good on your FEC knowledge. Seems to be quite effective at the moment.

chris2.0

At least Core is not the sole source for all iStuff anymore - if you're a business you can now buy from Gijima?

hsark

south afircan prices are still good i understand now why mate was so happy to buy an ipad from sa when visiting from france ..... usa prices will still be cheaper with the state with the added (5-8%) can't remember what it is now.....shame the apple pricing can't be passed on to other electonics in sa

Rosaudio

First Officer
Still very reasonable pricing when compared to the rest of the world excl USA.

The Stig 2.0

if i want to import the ipad through amazon for instance how much influence would import duty, etc will have on the price?

hsark

if i want to import the ipad through amazon for instance how much influence would import duty, etc will have on the price?
importing a kindle to sa you add 500 +- 4 taxes , shipping and handling to the price ...amazon (usa) won't allow you to import it into south africa as it probably a conflicts with apple's own distribution network in sa

at the end of the day you'd only save a R100 or so not worth it for apple ipod touch , nano or ipad

Cicero

Expert Member
I'm actually VERY impressed with our pricing compared to everywhere else. Very competitive. Yeah we may be slightly more expensive than the US, but hardly.
Not bad, even with the increase.

pjjdp

Expert Member
Interesting I wonder if this will have any effect on the fnb special!
I doubt it. They probably bought a whole container of it @ about R3500-R4000 each.

I read somewhere that over 22000 units have been sold already.

vzta22

I thought prices are supposed to be better around Christmas!